Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor speaker removal

Hi all
    so I just purchased a new 3100rd and I love it!. Only problem is it has a blown speaker inside. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to get these covers off the speakers. I searched on here and came up with nothing. I also searched online and YouTube and it looks like some of them pop off and some of them screw off but I can’t do either with this one so far. It doesn’t seem to wants to turn and I can’t separate the ceiling and the cover enough to try to get anything underneath it to pry it off . Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Originally posted by J-mo View Post
    Hi all
    so I just purchased a new 3100rd and I love it!. Only problem is it has a blown speaker inside. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to get these covers off the speakers. I searched on here and came up with nothing. I also searched online and YouTube and it looks like some of them pop off and some of them screw off but I can’t do either with this one so far. It doesn’t seem to wants to turn and I can’t separate the ceiling and the cover enough to try to get anything underneath it to pry it off . Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
    Mine twist on. I was afraid to turn to hard also. Turn to the right. You should see some indents around the rim of the trim ring. This tells you they are a twist on.

​​​It is hard to get a good grip on them.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

I’ll try that out. So should I turn clockwise or counter clockwise to unlock it?

Comment

Originally posted by J-mo View Post
        I’ll try that out. So should I turn clockwise or counter clockwise to unlock it?
        Looking up at the ceiling it would be clockwise. At least mine is. You can tell if it is a twist off because there will be small rectangular indents, maybe 4, around the outside if the ring.

It's an RV., It wouldn't follow the lefty loosyey, righty tighty. It HAS TO be backwards!
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

So I finally went ahead and tackled this. Just for future reference for others mine was not twist off. It just turned and turned. I ended up using a putty knife and carefully wedging it underneath and prying it off. So it would appear that even if the same year they still have differences in models. “If that makes sense”
          Last edited by J-mo; 07-30-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X