12V fridge install tips wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V fridge install tips wanted

After our long 5000 mile trip there is one glaring upgrade I wish we had done. Replace the 2 way (A/C and propane) fridge with a 12V fridge. This will be the next upgrade.

So, any suggestions or tips on how to remove the 2 way fridge and install a 12V fridge will be very helpful.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Did you check out JC Refrigeration?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
      After our long 5000 mile trip there is one glaring upgrade I wish we had done. Replace the 2 way (A/C and propane) fridge with a 12V fridge. This will be the next upgrade.

So, any suggestions or tips on how to remove the 2 way fridge and install a 12V fridge will be very helpful.
      I replaced the 8 cubic foot Norcold gas/electric refrigerator in my 2017 Reflection travel trailer with a 12v Norcold 10 c.f. compressor model.

The change was pretty easy, and my wife and I accomplished it in a couple of hours. It fit in the cut out just fine. Step 1, disconnect the gas line, 12v wiring and unplug from 120v AC. Step 2, unscrew and remove the old unit. Ours fit out the door (barely). Step 3, install the new unit and screw into place iaw manufacturer's instructions. Step 4. Connect 12v iaw instructions. This was easy
      to do with the exterior panels off. Step 5, add insulation and wood trim I'm needed to seal things up.

Note. Be very careful maneuvering the new one into place. I dented the door on mine.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

howson and I have both installed residential (120V) refrigerators. It may not be apples to apples for a 12V install, but reviewing our threads may give some insight at least to how the old ones come out.

Here is Howards thread:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts

I did not do my own thread, but I have some pictures in post 5 here:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...l-fridge-model

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I replaced our Norcold N811 with a Furrion Arctic 10 cu. ft model in the spring. Very simple and straight forward. follow the instructions in the Manual. You will need to increase the size of the wiring running to the Fridge. The guage will be determined by the length of the run to your Fridge. Love the extra capacity and the ease of adjusting the Temp.
          Brad Smith
          2016 Reflection 27RL
          2018 F150
          2011 Cruiser (Sold)

Comment

Working...
          X