Good small electric coffee pot. Essential new appliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good small electric coffee pot. Essential new appliance

First my apology if this technical question should be posted here. If not allowed please delete. I thought of it as adding an appliance - will that fly? - if not I will go back to my corner. I did do a search and found 12 pages under coffee (it appear to be essential), but was about getting coffee. water etc, nothing on the pot used.

Now that I have the big blue inverter up front I can stop using the stove top peculator (makes horrible coffee). that we have had for many many many years. Did I say it's OLD.'
    I/we what a small (2-4 cup) coffee maker. It must be SWMBO approved, but she want's a small one too. It can be either a carafe or K-cup. We only drink a cup or two then hit the road. I don't need anything expensive or fancy - just fill with water and coffee , plug in and go. Don't even need a clock on it Low power consumption would be nice.

What are you folks using?

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    My Domestic CC uses stainless steel perculators (one for her decaf, one for my leaded). There is the slight hassle of cleaning them after they've cooled enough on a travel morning, but a good cup of coffee is worth it.

Nothing special about the one we bought other than it had to be stainless steel.

Keep in mind these draw about 10A when percolating. Don't want to drive your new blue box into an overload.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee pot.PNG
Views:	448
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	61389
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I use a Mr. Coffee. Just on and off switches. 4 to 12 cups. Add water, add filter and grounds, push the button.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My Domestic CC uses stainless steel perculators (one for her decaf, one for my leaded). There is the slight hassle of cleaning them after they've cooled enough on a travel morning, but a good cup of coffee is worth it.

Nothing special about the one we bought other than it had to be stainless steel.

Keep in mind these draw about 10A when percolating. Don't want to drive your new blue box into an overload.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee pot.PNG
Views:	448
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	61389
        Me thinks you need to trade in your domestic CC DECAF? That's not coffee. But then again if you did that you would need to be re-trained.
        TedS - Thanks

Keep the ideas comming
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith, https://www.amazon.com/Aigostar-Buck...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== small 4 cup mr coffee style sounds like what you are looking for. I like the old fashioned percolator and it uses less grounds than the drip style.

800w version 4 cups
          https://www.amazon.com/Gastrorag-Ele...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
          Last edited by Jlawles2; 07-24-2021, 02:54 PM.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

We switched to making cold brew coffee years ago. Make it as strong or weak as you like and you just need hot water. Smoothest tasting coffee you’ve ever had, even when strong. We just fill the thermos with hot water and can have a fresh cup anytime, even on the road.
            John & Kathy
            2014 Reflection 303RLS
            2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

The Keurig system is pretty good for single cups of fresh hot coffee. Any number of flavours available or just plain old coffee.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We have a full size Keurig on the counter. It sits on a K-cup slide out holder and both are sitting on shelf liner. Even being the rear kitchen configuration, it hasn't moved yet during travel days.
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                  The Keurig system is pretty good for single cups of fresh hot coffee. Any number of flavours available or just plain old coffee.

Rob
                  We have/had a big version, but it sprung a leak so have all of the reusable cups and filters already.

Comment

I've been using this one on the inverter with good results. Learned the hard way to not leave it in the camper over the winter. Since it is almost impossible to get all of the water out of the internal lines it will freeze and leak.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    Brian
                    2017 Silverado 2500 HD diesel
                    2018 Reflection 230RL

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                      ...It must be SWMBO approved, but she want's a small one too. It can be either a carafe or K-cup. We only drink a cup or two then hit the road. I don't need anything expensive or fancy - just fill with water and coffee , plug in and go. Don't even need a clock on it Low power consumption would be nice.

Thanks
                      Keith
                      I am the only one (of two of us) that drinks coffee. I just bought the Keurig K-Mini Plus. What I most like about it is that I just put in one cup of water at a time. I also like the "Strong Brew" feature. It is very simple, just three buttons on top. You pour in a cup of water, insert a K-cup and push the brew button. The ONLY thing that I don't like about it, is that it takes longer to brew than my other Keurig. I am usually on 30 amp service and I need to watch my peak power consumption and it draws around 1400-1500 watts while it is heating the water. The actual "heating cycle" doesn't take very long though. Here is a link for more information.

https://www.keurig.com/Home-Coffee-M...o%20Gray_color

I bought the gray one and it fits in well with the Pebble interior in the 2020 IMAGINE.

I hope this helps!
                      Bob
                      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                      2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Update

Thanks for all the suggestions. After all the thoughts and the trouble we have had with K-cup units SWMBO thought this would be good - unbreakable carafe too. Its a 10 cup (5oz cups). As it does not have a hot plate the power draw should be low too. We can brew just enough for our two 16 real OZ travel mugs.

Comment

Still can't believe you won't give Sanka a shot.
                          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                          2020 Momentum 351M
                          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
                            Still can't believe you won't give Sanka a shot.
                            I did back in my youth - that's why I don't have any hair now and look like Yoda

Comment

I recently bought this coffee maker: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I like it. It's adorable. It's small. It makes up to 25 ounces of hot coffee. It brews slower than I'd like, but it consumes less energy than a lot of coffee makers on the market, so it makes it suitable for someone who has a 30A trailer. I am actually thinking of buying a normal 12-cup coffee pot as I'm drinking more coffee most days than I used to. I'm running this pot twice before work. One for drinking immediately then one for while at work. My 22oz mugs are perfect as I just fill the water to just over "4 cups" and make my coffee with it.

The permanent filter is fine, though it's annoying to have to tap it out then rinse it out and leave coffee grounds all in the sink, then either rinse it down into the gray tank (which I DON'T want to do) or simply use 2-4 cup coffee filters. BUT the coffee filters don't ever fit right because of the awkward shape of the cone-shaped basket area. It's annoying, but if you don't mind using the permanent filter - it's great!

Doing walk-through, signing papers, and picking up my gently used 2018 GD Imagine 2250RK on March 11, 2022! I'm so excited to finally be upgrading my FT stationary home to a Grand Design!

Comment

Working...
                              X