Solitude 390RK-R samsung fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude 390RK-R samsung fridge

my ice maker in my residential Samsung fridge does not work. It is turned on on the fridge panel but does not do anything. Help please!

Check to see that the full arm is functioning properly and not locked or blocked preventing movement of it as this will stop the icemaker from dumping.

You might need to defrost the fridge and check for water flow. many years ago I saw an icemaker supply line freeze when water pressure was lost. While under pressure it never froze when no pressure, it froze solid resulting in no ice.

Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

checked all inside there and it does even pour water in the tray..

Comment

Originally posted by vctr_free View Post
        checked all inside there and it does even pour water in the tray..
        Do you have the water to the ice maker turned on at the Nautilus panel outside?
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Is there a shut off for the water supply to the fridge?

This may be found under the slide or in the wet bay.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

This is my ice maker water shutoff (at the Nautilus panel):

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3672.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	61659
            Brian & Kellie
            2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
            2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
            2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
            2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

vctr_free Welcome to the Family and the forum!

Your cut off for the icemaker in under the bottom of the cabinet next to the fridge. It may take several cycles to purge the air from the line and the manual says up to 12 hours. There is a button for the power freeze function that will speed up the process once you get water to the ice maker.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

thank you all! I will check when i get back home shortly!

Comment

got it! there was a valve in the cabinet i did not notice. Does anyone know if the water for ice maker runs through the filter?

Comment

I wanna say that I don't think so and can't remember a reference to a water filter in the fridge, but I will try to check before we get moving this morning, but if not I will check when we get set back up. It does go thru the large filter in the wet bay (you did put the filter in the cannister didn't you?).
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

vctr_free My owner's manual references a small cannister type drop in filter (like the one in wet bay, just smaller), but I cannot see anywhere that it could be mounted with the exception of behind the fridge requiring it to be removed to change the filter. There is not a filter built into the fridge.
                      Maybe one of the moderators howson, TucsonJim, @Cate&Rob, can reach out to the mothership and hopefully confirm that they did not install that filter behind the fridge.
                      Nash County, NC
                      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

OK...I'm having the same issue. Picked up my rig in March and the problem started in June. When I push the reset button on the icemaker it cycles OK but no water to the trays. Running 42lbs water pressure to the rig and good pressure to the kitchen sink faucet. I've also tried running off of the tank and water pump. My City water is filtered 3 times from 5 to 1 micron so I doubt any contamination issues. Cycled the shut-off valve under the sink several times but no joy. Called Samsung direct and initiated a warranty claim through them and they sent a local tech out to my rig. He told me the icemaker has a very narrow window of water pressure that will activate the valve on the back of the fridge, and he assured me that water pressure was the issue. He would not replace the ice maker unless he could check the pressure to the back of the fridge. I don't think I can get the fridge out enough to get to the valve on the back of the unit. My next step would be to pony up the $80 to buy a new ice maker to see if it fixes the problem. So....has anyone tried unloading the fridge, turning it off to defrost, and did it work, and if so did the problem return? I've heard that Samsung icemakers have had a temp sensor problem that has since been resolved and defrosting is only a temporary fix. Any other thoughts? What is GD saying about this issue as it is rampant across the product line? Thanks much....

Comment

2River I have no clue to this problem. My thought would be to have your dealer schedule an appliance tech to make a visit at the same time as your oven appointment and let the dealership deal with removing and replacing the fridge.
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                          X