Question about the HappiJac System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the HappiJac System

My wife and I recently received our 2021 397TH and I've been going over the manuals. When reading about the HappiJac system, the manual mentions "locking pins" and to make sure the "locking pins" are in place for travel. We do not have any locking pins for our HappiJac. My question is, have they done away with the pins, or do I need to get some? Also, if needed I would assume they would go into the hole circled in red in the attached photo? Also, I couldn't find the weight limits for the beds anywhere, what are the weight limits for each bed?

thanks
    Attached Files
    2021 GD Momentum 397TH-R
    2020 Ford F350
    US Army Veteran

Rivers To Ridges RV
    https://youtu.be/2WvBFKhFIZg

We have the bunk queen beds in our garage and the "locking pins" support the upper bunk so that the lower bunk/seating benches can be lowered. There are no other locking pins.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      We have the bunk queen beds in our garage and the "locking pins" support the upper bunk so that the lower bunk/seating benches can be lowered. There are no other locking pins.
      I'm not sure, what locking pins are you referring to? The only thing that holds my top bed in its lowered position are the stops inside the tracks.
      2021 GD Momentum 397TH-R
      2020 Ford F350
      US Army Veteran

Rivers To Ridges RV

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210802A.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	62303 There should be locking "cotter" pins that hold the upper bunk in its raised position. They extend through the guides of the of the Happi-Jac. In the photo you can see the finger pull ring for one of the pins just below the upper bunk.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210802A.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	62303 There should be locking "cotter" pins that hold the upper bunk in its raised position. They extend through the guides of the of the Happi-Jac. In the photo you can see the finger pull ring for one of the pins just below the upper bunk.
          Thank you for the picture
          2021 GD Momentum 397TH-R
          2020 Ford F350
          US Army Veteran

Rivers To Ridges RV

Comment

I have a 2022 395M and they no longer use locking pins. There are now brass "tabs" of levers that are on top of the lower bunk that when flipped over lock the top bunk in the full up position. When you want to lower the top bunk you flip the tabs back to the lower position and then when you engage the top bunk with the lower it will release the top bunk to the allow lowering.

Comment

Working...
            X