Solitude 390RK-R Insignia Oven low flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude 390RK-R Insignia Oven low flame

OK I know there is another string below covering many issues with this oven but as my issue is a little different I wanted to start a new string.
    My oven has worked fine until last month when my wife complained that the burners would not lignite
    The burners will in fact light one at a time but with a very low flame so I suspected a propane flow issue as other forums have reported these kinds of issues with the 390RK-R.
    Genny, furnace, and hot water heater all work fine. Traced the line all the way to the unit and no kinks.
    So my next step would be to confirm 11 inches of water column to the unit to verify an issue with the oven but as many have discovered there is no info available on parts or maintenance of the unit. I also have heard that GD just swaps the whole unit if there is an issue...so I'm looking for suggestions on how to best proceed with solving this issue short of turning over my rig to a dealer for an unspecified amount of time.

Originally posted by 2River View Post
    OK I know there is another string below covering many issues with this oven but as my issue is a little different I wanted to start a new string.
    My oven has worked fine until last month when my wife complained that the burners would not lignite
    The burners will in fact light one at a time but with a very low flame so I suspected a propane flow issue as other forums have reported these kinds of issues with the 390RK-R.
    Genny, furnace, and hot water heater all work fine. Traced the line all the way to the unit and no kinks.
    So my next step would be to confirm 11 inches of water column to the unit to verify an issue with the oven but as many have discovered there is no info available on parts or maintenance of the unit. I also have heard that GD just swaps the whole unit if there is an issue...so I'm looking for suggestions on how to best proceed with solving this issue short of turning over my rig to a dealer for an unspecified amount of time.
    Does the oven work correctly? If so possibly a clog internal in the unit before the split for the burners. If the oven is low flame as well, I would suspect a clog in the line between the oven and the last tee.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks....The pilot in the oven will come on but the burner will only light for a few seconds before going out.
      I've tracked the line from the tee to the oven and no kinks.
      I suspect the stove regulator but can't get any info on getting the part or even where it is located.
      Sure would be nice if they provided a Maint manual!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2River View Post
        Thanks....The pilot in the oven will come on but the burner will only light for a few seconds before going out.
        I've tracked the line from the tee to the oven and no kinks.
        I suspect the stove regulator but can't get any info on getting the part or even where it is located.
        Sure would be nice if they provided a Maint manual!!!
        I would pull the line from the oven to the next tee upstream and try to blow it out. You're right it's probably clogged I'm the regulator, but it might be a clog in the line.

This all assumes you're comfortable working with gas line obviously.
        Last edited by ncitro; 08-02-2021, 03:24 PM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

2River There is no reason for your dealer needing your trailer for an extended period. It is a 3 hour swap and no need for them to have it waiting on parts.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X