Samsung Residential not cooling intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Residential not cooling intermittently

2022 395MS-R Samsung fridge stops cooling. Power is their just does not seem the compressor is working. Happened a few days ago and restarted. Just happened again in the middle of our trip. Any suggestions beside get a mobile tech to look at it?

Originally posted by jayraulerson View Post
    2022 395MS-R Samsung fridge stops cooling. Power is their just does not seem the compressor is working. Happened a few days ago and restarted. Just happened again in the middle of our trip. Any suggestions beside get a mobile tech to look at it?
    My understanding is the residential refrigerators are serviced via Samsungs warranty. I would think you would contact them to schedule service. I would be surprised if a mobile tech would be equipped to troubleshoot a residential refrigerator.

Keep us updated, I think you might be the first person I have seen who has needed to get one serviced.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by jayraulerson View Post
      Yes, It seems to be an issue with the new wifi enabled refrigerators. No warning, the the readout still reads correctly but it stops cooling. Not sure if there is a fix or not. A few of the reviews on Samsung's website refer to it. I have the same problem.

I'll take the old one please with actual handles! Not the fingerprint magnet this one is. I don't need to hook my fridge up to wifi.
      Jim & Heidi
      2021 Solitude 375RES-r
      2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

It came back by itself, I did talk to Samsung, and even though it was cooling at the time of the conversation, they had me change the temp setting to 38 and -2, turn off the breaker for 5 minutes and restart. It came back on. I then added it to my smart things account. The default password is 1111122222 of you want to add yours to the SmartThings app, (please don't hack my fridge). The app lets you change settings and temps but does not alert you when temps rise, which is the only reason that I would want an app. I will report back if it happens again.

Comment

jayraulerson Welcome to the Family and the forum! I'm glad that the connectivity come to light before I stuck my foot in my mouth (or someplace smaller). I was going to also suggest contacting Samsung directly. Other than the tedious troubleshooting by script, it was great. They gave me the numbers of two approved mobile appliance techs and a reference number. I set the appointment and they then confirmed the appointment and I saw him 2 days later.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We are having the exact same issue! It has happened 3 times during our maiden voyage. I first attacked with the whole power cycle routine and it came back to life. I next began to gracefully switch from solar to shore power by making sure one or the other was off first. That seemed to be the fix until we were on shore power for 36 hours straight and it happened again. We called Samsung and went through the tedium of doing what we’d done already. The refer regained cooling and so far has been ok. I suspect it’ll happen again. Samsung has not offered the visit of a mobile tech. Our dealer techs haven’t had much in the way of expertise from Grand Design either, ugh!
            2022 Solitude ST310GK-R
            2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Our Samsung refrigerator just failed again 4.5 days after power cycle:5 minutes off, then power up again. That was our last contact with Samsung Customer Service. We’ll be monitoring for temp recovery in the next hour. I should note that each incidence involves both the freezer and the refer compartments. Also, powering back up again seems to “wake up” the control panel temp readouts which now show abnormal temps whereas before the temps shown were normal.
              2022 Solitude ST310GK-R

Comment

Just spent 30 minutes on phone with 1-800-Samsung again. Described our chronic cooling issue. They are sending out a mobile tech to our campground within 24-48 hours, they say. Also mentioned the uselessness if the SmartThings app in general, and specific to this issue. They say they will reimburse for any food spoilage after mobile tech has resolved the problem and given their disposition.
                2022 Solitude ST310GK-R

Comment

At end of day, 24 hours into Samsung’s prescribed 48 hour interval for a mobile service tech to call, we received a text message from Samsung saying, in short, there is no service center available in your area (75 mile limitation). The text then contained the term ‘accommodation’ which means, “We’ll reimburse you the cost of the unit, just send us a receipt.” In other words, it’s the ole Maytag Repairman commercial; you’re on your own. I called appliance repair companies in town to see if they were Samsung certified. We’re waiting for callbacks now; they’d presumably be in Samsung’s database if they were…it looks like we’re going to have to baby this thing until we get home from our maiden voyage. We sure could use some status from others in this thread with the issue. *One repairman I spoke with said from the symptom description that it sounds like the compressor is going out.
                  2022 Solitude ST310GK-R

Comment

The fix is the main board replacement. It is a known problem. On my unit, 390RK the island had to be moved to get the refrigerator out far enough to replace the board. Good luck! Very frustrating problem.

Comment

Appreciate the information mikepemery! We still suffer with random global warming events in our freezer and refrigerator compartments while on the road. We bought a minifridge (another 50lbs of weight we didn’t need) to save our perishables during outages. When we return home Samsung is supposed to send out a technician. Grand Design has actually been better at mitigating the inconvenience than Samsung, who we now lovingly call “Samdung.”
                      2022 Solitude ST310GK-R

Comment

Happened again last night. Luckily we noticed almost immediately. Shut off the breaker for 5 minutes and restarted it. Will be home in a few days and I will just let the dealership figure it out.

Comment

We’ve been going around and around with “Samdung” since we got home after a month’s worth of living with a refrigerator that won’t cool randomly. Samsung so lacked the wherewithal to coordinate delivery of a replacement to our dealer that, instead of settling for a replacement, we then opted for a refund. We then jumped through their hoops for documentation and web portals that don’t accept PDFs, and are now fighting late-in-the-day blind texts that use depreciation terms on a unit we’ve only owned since 7/30/21! It may seem like overkill but we’d advise walking away from any rig with Samsung product in it, no matter how much you like it. The 3-way accountability/responsibility of dealer/Grand Design/Samsung is unworkable.
                          2022 Solitude ST310GK-R

Comment

Working...
                          X