Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dometic dmc4101 (12volt compressor based fridge, perfect for Solar / Boondocker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic dmc4101 (12volt compressor based fridge, perfect for Solar / Boondocker)

Just throwing this out there so that people know it exists.

Dometic has brought the CFX compressor technology to the full size fridges:
    It also has a bigger brother the DMC4081

https://www.dometic.com/en-ca/outdoo...c4101-_-242458

This is a 12volt, compressor based, 10CuFt refridgerator.

I can't get any information on power draw (other than Mark saying it draws 4amps)

https://youtu.be/khmxYJgpFlo?t=854

Researching stuff for this post,
    Furrior, and Norcold are in this market as well:

https://norcold.com/product/polar-10...-refrigerator/
    Standard Mode Night mode
    8.3 6.2
    https://furrion.com/collections/refr...5097_e23a9ef15
    Energy Consumption: 1.08kWh per day

om
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

I've been a Norcold 12V compressor refrigerator owner for over 18 months now. I would never switch back to gas/electric absorption technology.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I was using a CFX65 while in my popup camper. That thing was rock solid, never had any problems, and was keeping it 0 degrees (we were making ice in it) in the 105 degree sun. I had a group 24 battery, and a 100watt solar panel, and it could pretty much run forever.
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Hi, I have a Dometic DMC 4101, 3 weeks in first use, it stopped working, the middle light on the cold temp setting indicator is blinking. When I shut off fridge, start it back up it will run for maybe 10 minutes. After letting ot sit for over one day it did run for about 7 hours. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Todd - This is the first Dometic failure I've heard of. If you determine the root cause, please share it so we can add it to our knowledge base.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by Todd J View Post
            Hi, I have a Dometic DMC 4101, 3 weeks in first use, it stopped working, the middle light on the cold temp setting indicator is blinking. When I shut off fridge, start it back up it will run for maybe 10 minutes. After letting ot sit for over one day it did run for about 7 hours. Anyone else have this problem?
            Todd, I have the same fridge, 4101, with the same issue. Middle light blinking, not cooling. Have tried powering off and on, then short period of cooling before shutting off again/ middle light blinking.

Comment

I don't have a 4101 but the middle light blinking MUST mean something. Are there no diagnostic manuals around the net?
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

On the 4101, the middle light indicates "silent mode". The compressor works at a constant speed while the outer fan works at low speed. The temperature level is limited to level three and below. Try adjusting the refrigertor temperature to level four or level five to see if the flashing middle light goes out and the refrigertor works as expected.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

↵
                  Originally posted by Charlotte Hebert View Post
                  Todd, I have the same fridge, 4101, with the same issue. Middle light blinking, not cooling. Have tried powering off and on, then short period of cooling before shutting off again/ middle light blinking.
                  I had dealership come out, he checked the voltage and filled out form, waiting for decision on what Dometic will do.
                  ↵
                  ↵
                  Originally posted by Charlotte Hebert View Post
                  I had dealership come our, he checked the voltage and

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    On the 4101, the middle light indicates "silent mode". The compressor works at a constant speed while the outer fan works at low speed. The temperature level is limited to level three and below. Try adjusting the refrigertor temperature to level four or level five to see if the flashing middle light goes out and the refrigertor works as expected.

Jim
                    The fridge has e settings, performance, quiet and echo, and yes each setting you only have certain cold temperatures setting except performance has all 5. I have tried mine on all settings, tried it on 4 and 5 too. Still does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      I don't have a 4101 but the middle light blinking MUST mean something. Are there no diagnostic manuals around the net?
                      Nope, newer fridge, can not find anything

Comment

My mobile Dealership came out and looked at fridge 2 weeks ago, just found out yesterday that I am getting a new fridge to replace this one. Not sure if GD is replacing it or Dometic. Now just have to wait till it comes in.

Comment

I also have a DMC 4101 with the same flashing light issue, thus not working after 3 months. Waiting on new fridge per Dometic. Actually the freezer now works as a fridge, the fridge part does not cool. The fan in the freezer also does not work.Makes me wonder if I will have the same problem again.
                          Last edited by Rod S; 04-02-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem with my DMC4101 , the middle light is blinking on the cold temp setting, but before do that i hear the compressor turning on and off and later start blinking

Comment

For those who've DMC4101's have failed how many hours run time did you get prior to failure?
                              Also curious for those with failures if the failure first occurred while on shore power or running battery only?
                              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                              2020 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with rear air shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X