Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dometic dmc4101 (12volt compressor based fridge, perfect for Solar / Boondocker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fridge was 3 months old and mostly on shore power before quitting. The fridges havent' been avail since 12/13/2021 (per GD parts person) and don't know when they will be. GD is putting Furion fridges in their new RV manufactures and do have Furion's in stock but will not provide one to me as a replacement since "it is a warranty claim".

Comment

Originally posted by Rod S View Post
      My fridge was 3 months old and mostly on shore power before quitting. The fridges havent' been avail since 12/13/2021 (per GD parts person) and don't know when they will be. GD is putting Furion fridges in their new RV manufactures and do have Furion's in stock but will not provide one to me as a replacement since "it is a warranty claim".
      Honestly if it was me I would buy a DC fridge and install it, and when your warranty replacement comes in sell it online. I replaced mine with a 120V residential (12v was not common then), and sold my Dometic for more than I paid for the residential, and it works 10x better.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks. I have been mulling that over and think I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod S View Post
          Thanks. I have been mulling that over and think I will do that.
          There are a bunch of threads on here to review, I have one on my 120V residential, howson has one on his Haier 120V, and I think Country Campers has one on a 12V Furrion.

Some notes on mine are in post #5 here:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...l-fridge-model

Here is Howards:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts

Brian (Country Campers) is here:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...c-refrigerator
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Mine fridge lasted about 3 weeks into first trip, was bouncing back and forth from dry camping and full hookup. No idea what is wrong with fridge.

Update on mine. GD sent a new fridge right away, dealership recieved it but guy who signed for it didn't tell anyone. Sat for 2 weeks before I found out it was there. They found it, opened it up, doors was damaged. They ordered a new one..offered to install damaged one till new one came, thought well nothing planned so I can wait 2 weeks. Called GD this past Monday, fridge still on back order and said it can take a month, which is right before memorial day weekend which I am camping, not letting this fridge stop me so taking a cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd J View Post
              Mine fridge lasted about 3 weeks into first trip, was bouncing back and forth from dry camping and full hookup. No idea what is wrong with fridge.

Update on mine. GD sent a new fridge right away, dealership recieved it but guy who signed for it didn't tell anyone. Sat for 2 weeks before I found out it was there. They found it, opened it up, doors was damaged. They ordered a new one..offered to install damaged one till new one came, thought well nothing planned so I can wait 2 weeks. Called GD this past Monday, fridge still on back order and said it can take a month, which is right before memorial day weekend which I am camping, not letting this fridge stop me so taking a cooler.
              Could you take the doors off of your fridge and put on the new one?

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Bob the Woodman -- moved your post to it's own thread. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...r-quit-working

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X