Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockford Fosgate PMX-1 - Why not digital to TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford Fosgate PMX-1 - Why not digital to TV?

I just purchased a Momentum 381M and upgraded to the PMX-1 thinking I was getting state of the art for the large sum of $$$$ I paid to do so. I'm kind of blown away by how outdated this system really is. It appears that the only way to connect it to the TV is through 1970''s analog cables, there is no optical or HDMI or nothing?????? If you do switch to that input you have to control the volume separately with your phone through the PMX app? Seriously no interface to the TV?

Please someone tell me I am completely missing something here so I don't feel like I wasted a couple thousand dollars.

Dodgeboy64 Check to see if the PMX-1 has an ARC HDMI. several have reported that the TV to player was not connected to the TV ARC HDMI plug and simply moving the cable (in your case may require installing the HDMI) corrected the lack of controls.

Welcome to the forum. Please take time to read the member introduction. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgeboy64 View Post
      I just purchased a Momentum 381M and upgraded to the PMX-1 thinking I was getting state of the art for the large sum of $$$$ I paid to do so. I'm kind of blown away by how outdated this system really is. It appears that the only way to connect it to the TV is through 1970''s analog cables, there is no optical or HDMI or nothing?????? If you do switch to that input you have to control the volume separately with your phone through the PMX app? Seriously no interface to the TV?

Please someone tell me I am completely missing something here so I don't feel like I wasted a couple thousand dollars.
      For the record, there is no such thing as 'state of the art' in RV audio-video. What manufacturers should do is stop putting bad a/v equipment in the units and let the dealer sell and install the stuff. Have it on display so the buyer can see exactly what they want and buy it then.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
      X