• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Basic Help on Victron Cerbo GX Connection/Settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cerbo GX Settings.jpg
Views:	1508
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	66661 I have my Victron Multiplus II installed and configured. However, I'm going crazy and can't find the Settings feature for the Cerbo GX in order to enable the Remote Console. From what I've read, this setting on the Cerbo GX can't be accessed remotely, and must be done remotely. So, I've tried using both the iPhone App via Bluetooth, and also via WiFi connected to the Cerbo GX network using a Windows PC, and also using the iPhone app.

No matter where I look or what I do, I can't find the frickin Settings menu which allows me to change the settings/control the Cerbo GX. Here's a picture of what I'm looking to change. This is so basic, but I'm stuck, and have screwed around for 3 hours trying to figure it out. Please help.
    Attached Files
    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post

Name:	Cerbo GX Settings.jpg
Views:	1508
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	66661 I have my Victron Multiplus II installed and configured. However, I'm going crazy and can't find the Settings feature for the Cerbo GX in order to enable the Remote Console. From what I've read, this setting on the Cerbo GX can't be accessed remotely, and must be done remotely. So, I've tried using both the iPhone App via Bluetooth, and also via WiFi connected to the Cerbo GX network using a Windows PC, and also using the iPhone app.

No matter where I look or what I do, I can't find the frickin Settings menu which allows me to change the settings/control the Cerbo GX. Here's a picture of what I'm looking to change. This is so basic, but I'm stuck, and have screwed around for 3 hours trying to figure it out. Please help.
    I believe you will need to connect directly with an MK3-usb and laptop https://www.victronenergy.com/access...erface-mk3-usb A good source of information on the Cerbo is here https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-...oring/cerbo-gx There is also a web forum you can access from the Victron site too to ask questions - I have found it very helpful.

However I am only a novice (not even that) but I remember reading somewhere you need a network set up to activate those features.

Now having said all this a real expert will be along shortly.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jimmer I don't run an actual Cerbo, I run their Venus OS on a raspberry pi so it's a little different but the idea should be the same. Do you have a touch screen connected to your Cerbo? Something like a Touch 50? On mine I can connect to a wireless network via that interface. If not then as@yoda suggested you might be able to do it with a mk3 cable, I'm not sure about that.

As suggested you'll need some kind of wireless network to connect the Cerbo to for it to function.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Jimmer I grabbed some screen shots of the settings from my remote console. You would need to do two things, connect to your wireless network, then also enable the remote console. These photos show the remote console part, I am not sure on an actual Cerbo where you connect to a wireless network or if it needs to be a wired ethernet connection. I think howson has this connected on his, so I will tag him in.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.40.37 PM.png
Views:	1382
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	66671

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.40.49 PM.png
Views:	1390
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	66674

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.40.59 PM.png
Views:	1401
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	66675

Attached Files
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got it to work, but I likely have a bad Cerbo GX which is causing my problems. I tried the same thing about 20 times. Out of those 20 times, it worked once (which was enough to enable the remote console (which allowed to the Touch 50 to work). The way it worked one time was I connected my iPhone to the Cerbo GX wireless network. Then in the Victron Connect app on my iPhone, I was able to pull up the settings menu of the Cerbo GX and enable the remote console. After I was successful, I tried it 5 more times, and could not connect to the Cerbo GX through the Victron Connect App. Since I got it to work once and configured the necessary setting, I can now configure through the Remote Console.

Now, to figure out why I'm tripping my garage GFI when the camper/multiplus II is plugged in to a 20amp outlet. The camper never tripped the GFI before the Multiplus was installed. I also just got today a bad error on my Norcold 1210 (The dreaded "LI OP") which never happened before. So, I have my work cut out for me to get these things figured out. :-(

But I'm having a birthday party (for me) on Sunday 9/26/2021 at Quattro Goombas winery and staying overnight using Harvest Hosts. No fridge, but since I'm boondocking, I don't care if the GFI trips as I don't have anything to plug into.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got it to work, but I likely have a bad Cerbo GX which is causing my problems. I tried the same thing about 20 times. Out of those 20 times, it worked once (which was enough to enable the remote console (which allowed to the Touch 50 to work). The way it worked one time was I connected my iPhone to the Cerbo GX wireless network. Then in the Victron Connect app on my iPhone, I was able to pull up the settings menu of the Cerbo GX and enable the remote console. After I was successful, I tried it 5 more times, and could not connect to the Cerbo GX through the Victron Connect App. Since I got it to work once and configured the necessary setting, I can now configure through the Remote Console.

Now, to figure out why I'm tripping my garage GFI when the camper/multiplus II is plugged in to a 20amp outlet. The camper never tripped the GFI before the Multiplus was installed. I also just got today a bad error on my Norcold 1210 (The dreaded "LI OP") which never happened before. So, I have my work cut out for me to get these things figured out. :-(

But I'm having a birthday party (for me) on Sunday 9/26/2021 at Quattro Goombas winery and staying overnight using Harvest Hosts. No fridge, but since I'm boondocking, I don't care if the GFI trips as I don't have anything to plug into.
            One thought
            Did you ground your multiplus case to the trailer frame? It's buried in the install instructions, but the multiplus case ground lug needs to be grounded separately to the trailer frame away from the negative cable which grounds separately elsewhere. It cannot be to the same point. It was discussed in my install thread and my set up does not trip the GFIC in the garage.

Hope this helps

PS also check to be sure the original factory ground is still good. Not sure where it is on a TT.

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda, thanks for the reminder and explanation about the grounding. I remember reading your thread. Grand Design had the frame ground wire going from the converter to the circuit breaker box, so I did the same with the Multiplus: frame ground to the multiplus, and then to the circuit breaker box. Clearly that’s not right based on your thread. Well, time for more reading and re-wiring. I really appreciate everyone’s feedback.

Comment

Yoda, thanks for the reminder and explanation about the grounding. I remember reading your thread. Grand Design had the frame ground wire going from the converter to the circuit breaker box, so I did the same with the Multiplus: frame ground to the multiplus, and then to the circuit breaker box. Clearly that’s not right based on your thread. Well, time for more reading and re-wiring. I really appreciate everyone’s feedback.
                Mine troops it as well, I just plug it into my garage door opener which isn’t GFCI. I assume it’s to do with how I split out my legs before the Multiplus, but it’s so rare I’m plugged into 20 amps I’ve never tracked it down.

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
                X