Comparing Haloview RD7P to Vision Works HD VWIC704-HDWLRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Haloview RD7P to Vision Works HD VWIC704-HDWLRV

After reading through numerous threads here and elsewhere I am still confused. Previously I have indicated my Furrion observation camera set up (2018 vintage) on my 2018 Reflection 220RK is freezing and cutting out. Trailer is 27' and tip of truck to rear of trailer is 46' Truck is an F350 crew cab 8' bed. So from camera to monitor is about 36'. Others with longer rigs have indicated they like thier Furrion - so why am I the lucky one I have even tried moving a better antenna to the roof above the camera using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Did not work - maybe got an extra bar. Also this antenna failed about half way though my Georgia trip from heck (major truck issues)

From using the search feature I would feedback from those of you that have installed and are using the following models, or a model close specific to the brands

The following two models seem to have what I need. It appears the Vison-Works has the better camera and screen resolution. It does not have a booster though so I am concerned about actual range at speed. I want a camera that gives good rear view of the traffic behind me. I dont think I need any side view units.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html
    https://www.technorv.com/vision-work...roduct-reviews

So the big question for folks that actually have first hand knowledge on these two systems, Is do they actually work at speed (70mph). What about cutting out or signal lag. This a major issue with my Furrion as many times what I see on the display behind me is actually beside me by the time I look in my mirror.Have you had any issues with either brand and how has customer support been.

I sent an email to Haloview and the did partially respond overnight to my questions on wiring, but neglected responding to US support and other questions I had on specifications. I think they are based in Hong Kong, but don't have a US based distributor.

Thanks for any real life experience.

Now as a side note I am getting a new F350 CC LB SRW. It can be equipped with a wired trailer camera system. It comes with this package "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist™". However I understand the wired camera is only for backing and turns off at speed. Is this correct?

If all else fails I guess I could consider a wired camera system. Both brands above have them. Do they have the same signal lag or other issues. Wold probably be a pain to wire to the truck too.

Thanks again
    Keith

Mods - If I put this in the wrong place, please move.

On edit I just ran across these folks https://www.tadibrothers.com/ Anyone have thier equipment? Seems they have a lot of options. Thanks for the tip Mike OurNewEra
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-29-2021, 02:31 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    After reading through numerous threads here and elsewhere I am still confused. Previously I have indicated my Furrion observation camera set up (2018 vintage) on my 2018 Reflection 220RK is freezing and cutting out. Trailer is 27' and tip of truck to rear of trailer is 46' Truck is an F350 crew cab 8' bed. So from camera to monitor is about 36'. Others with longer rigs have indicated they like thier Furrion - so why am I the lucky one I have even tried moving a better antenna to the roof above the camera using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Did not work - maybe got an extra bar. Also this antenna failed about half way though my Georgia trip from heck (major truck issues)

From using the search feature I would feedback from those of you that have installed and are using the following models, or a model close specific to the brands

The following two models seem to have what I need. It appears the Vison-Works has the better camera and screen resolution. It does not have a booster though so I am concerned about actual range at speed. I want a camera that gives good rear view of the traffic behind me. I dont think I need any side view units.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...stem-rd7p.html
    https://www.technorv.com/vision-work...roduct-reviews

So the big question for folks that actually have first hand knowledge on these two systems, Is do they actually work at speed (70mph). What about cutting out or signal lag. This a major issue with my Furrion as many times what I see on the display behind me is actually beside me by the time I look in my mirror.Have you had any issues with either brand and how has customer support been.

I sent an email to Haloview and the did partially respond overnight to my questions on wiring, but neglected responding to US support and other questions I had on specifications. I think they are based in Hong Kong, but don't have a US based distributor.

Thanks for any real life experience.

Now as a side note I am getting a new F350 CC LB SRW. It can be equipped with a wired trailer camera system. It comes with this package "Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist™". However I understand the wired camera is only for backing and turns off at speed. Is this correct?

If all else fails I guess I could consider a wired camera system. Both brands above have them. Do they have the same signal lag or other issues. Wold probably be a pain to wire to the truck too.

Thanks again
    Keith

Mods - If I put this in the wrong place, please move.

On edit I just ran across these folks https://www.tadibrothers.com/ Anyone have thier equipment? Seems they have a lot of options. Thanks for the tip Mike OurNewEra
    TechnoRV is having a PRIVATE Black Friday Event - for newsletter folks. Full site opens the 11th. The Vison Works 7" system is now $399 - $100 off.

Still would like to get feedback on which system is better?

Thanks
    Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I can't give you feedback on which is better, but I can tell you my experience with the Haloview RD7 range dominator. I can verify that the RD7 with the forward mounted antenna, does not cut out at 70mph...or 80mph. While there must be some lag, I find it imperceptible. If I see someone pulling out to pass me in the camera, I see the same thing in the mirror. There must be some difference, but kinda hard to measure it when it's close.
      The picture is very well defined, much better than when compared to a furrion imo.
      I wired it myself, ask any questions you like.
      One thing I don't like is the 7" monitor. I would rather have the 5"
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I just bought the RD7 Range Dominator system for our 2022 Imagine yesterday. $340 with tax. I was going to order the "Furrion Adapter" kit but found that there is an adapter cord and bracket in this RD7 box supplied. I plan to install this camera soon but am curious as to how the bracket adapts to the Factory wired Furrion plate on the rear. The reviews I have seen on this RD7 are all pretty good.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
        Dallas, Texas area

Comment

I threw away the furrion bits. Mounted the 'adapter' plate to the trailer. Packed the hole in the wall where the wire passes through with duct seal.
          Before you seal everything up, ensure the factory wiring has power when your marker lights are on.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Folks I went ahead and got the Vision works from technorv.com. I have had good customer service from them before and price was very good. If I have any issues they do have a booster kit for it.

Comment

Keith, we’ve got to stop meeting like this😁

I have that camera and I got it from Technorv great customer service, here is my review of it. Great picture, easy to install took me a little while to figure out where the sd card went:hint look for screws 🤓 First trip with it went Tucson to Bend OR and I noticed it would shut off or freeze up and there was a definite delay at highway speeds, sooo not great Worked good at slower speeds, backing up. When I got back home called Technorv and explained what was happening and they said they had heard some 5th wheels were having this problem but they had a booster kit and they sent it to me right away. Great now the booster kit was a small antenna with a not very long wire, so I called them back and asked them what I am I supposed to do with this. They said take antenna off back camera hook wire there and put antenna on roof closer to truck, sounds easy however the wire was not very long didn’t end in a good spot to mount antenna so I ended up getting a longer wire on amazon to mount it up by my front ac unit.This fixed the problem and this is where I don’t want people to tell me I messed up, PLEASE, the only way I could keep the wire from beating up the roof was with zip ties and that very expensive tape you use to repair the roof.
              Now the camera is great and I did get the side cameras , don’t know if I needed them but it is cool driving with on.
              Sorry about the long explanation.

Jim
              Jim and Cindy
              2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
              2021 320G

Comment

Originally posted by rebel23 View Post

I have that camera and I got it from Technorv great customer service, here is my review of it. Great picture, easy to install took me a little while to figure out where the sd card went:hint look for screws 🤓 First trip with it went Tucson to Bend OR and I noticed it would shut off or freeze up and there was a definite delay at highway speeds, sooo not great Worked good at slower speeds, backing up. When I got back home called Technorv and explained what was happening and they said they had heard some 5th wheels were having this problem but they had a booster kit and they sent it to me right away. Great now the booster kit was a small antenna with a not very long wire, so I called them back and asked them what I am I supposed to do with this. They said take antenna off back camera hook wire there and put antenna on roof closer to truck, sounds easy however the wire was not very long didn’t end in a good spot to mount antenna so I ended up getting a longer wire on amazon to mount it up by my front ac unit.This fixed the problem and this is where I don’t want people to tell me I messed up, PLEASE, the only way I could keep the wire from beating up the roof was with zip ties and that very expensive tape you use to repair the roof.
                Now the camera is great and I did get the side cameras , don’t know if I needed them but it is cool driving with on.

Jim
                Thanks Jim
                Just in case. can you post a link for the longer wire you got on Amazon. As for your wire mounting its what I would do. I only got the single camera. How did you mount your 7" monitor. I was thinking of getting this https://www.haloview.com/haloview-mi...a-monitor.html The straps go over the stock rear view mirror. Otherwise I was going ti use the cup mount.

Thanks
                Keith

Comment

I use the cup holder because I have my GPS on the dash just below the mirror and it gets a little crowded. Here is the name of the wire I have tried to put link here but I obviously don’t know what I am doing. 10m 33ft cable RP-SMA Coaxial extension cable male to female connector for wireless LAN router bridge & cellular antenna, not for tv $9.95 on amazon. Dang that is a long title. Click image for larger version

Name:	D95F058C-98C3-45C1-B7F6-5A79427CBD61.png
Views:	936
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	71846
                  Also watch the video that Technorv has for the camera and it will talk about the screen cover don’t immediately pull it off, mine is still on it has to do with type of sunglasses, polarized or not.

Jim
                  Jim and Cindy
                  2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
                  2021 320G

Comment

I use the cup holder because I have my GPS on the dash just below the mirror and it gets a little crowded. Here is the name of the wire I have tried to put link here but I obviously don’t know what I am doing. 10m 33ft cable RP-SMA Coaxial extension cable male to female connector for wireless LAN router bridge & cellular antenna, not for tv $9.95 on amazon. Dang that is a long title. Click image for larger version

Name:	D95F058C-98C3-45C1-B7F6-5A79427CBD61.png
Views:	936
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	71846
                    Also watch the video that Technorv has for the camera and it will talk about the screen cover don’t immediately pull it off, mine is still on it has to do with type of sunglasses, polarized or not.

Jim
                    Thanks Jim
                    To cut and paste - highlight the link in the address bar (left click, hold, and drag to highlight). Then right click on the highlighted section choose copy, then go to your thread and go to where you want to paste, right click again and choose paste. The link should show up in your thread.

Keith

Comment

Yea I thought I was doing that but it would come up with 3 lines of red then if I typed after it it was all red type, I know it was me doing something wrong, because I have done it on here before, but after 6 or 7 tries I went old school.
                      Jim
                      Jim and Cindy
                      2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
                      2021 320G

Comment

Yea I thought I was doing that but it would come up with 3 lines of red then if I typed after it it was all red type, I know it was me doing something wrong, because I have done it on here before, but after 6 or 7 tries I went old school.
                        Jim
                        Yep happens to me a lot too. The trick to that is before you do the past you space down a few lines, then go back up a line, left click to get the courser then paste. That way you have a line to go too afterwards. Same thing when inserting pictures. Create a few lines below, then insert above the last line. This will give you a line to go to to continue.
                        Hope this helps
                        Keith
                        Merry Christmas and the best for the New Year
                        Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith

Hope you have great New Year and a Merry Christmas 🎄
                          Jim
                          Jim and Cindy
                          2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
                          2021 320G

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                            Folks I went ahead and got the Vision works from technorv.com. I have had good customer service from them before and price was very good. If I have any issues they do have a booster kit for it.
                            Keith,

How have you liked the vision works so far? did you end up needing the booster or cable extension?

Erik
                            Erik & Tea
                            2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                            2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
                            ProPride hitch

Comment

Jim
                              Jim,

Any back up camera updates? How do you like the side cameras, a year later?

Erik
                              Erik & Tea
                              2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                              2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
                              ProPride hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X