Removing light fixture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing light fixture?

I need to remove a couple of the light flush light fixtures that apparently are spring-loaded clips. I need to look in the ceiling area to determine how best to run a coax cable. Any suggestions on the best way to do so? Thanks.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

If they are the spring loaded ones they just pull out, caution when the springs try to snap back to position they don't get your fingers. I think you can pull them out most of the way and then grab the springs with your other hand, take a video while you do it I could use a little laugh if you get pinched.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
      I need to remove a couple of the light flush light fixtures that apparently are spring-loaded clips. I need to look in the ceiling area to determine how best to run a coax cable. Any suggestions on the best way to do so? Thanks.
      What Country Campers said. They pull out. They take a more force than you would expect as the springs are pretty strong. Probably equivalent to a rat trap. And watch your fingers.

They are probably the strongest built part on the trailer. They put a 15 lb spring on a 5 oz part.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Thank you both. Likely get my fingers as I'm prone to those sort of things.
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

Working...
        X