Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator

We left the campsite today, everything worded fine, soon as i opened the disconnect to the coach, (yes I have a ground fault works great) the propane fired right up as well was working as a few stops. Final stop the refrigerator completely dead blown fuses, won’t work on elect or propane , fuses blow fase????

What is a 'ground fault'? GFCI receptacle? What do you mean by opening the disconnect?
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The ground fault plugs into camp site shore power you plug the coach into that to protect sensitive electrical equipment. Thats NOT the issue refrigerator worked on electric ctic it transferred to propane fine, still work when stopped for lunch arrived at final destination refrigerator was off 25 amp fus blown, wont run on electric either its dead, not electric & off the converter blows fuses fast

Comment

I think I understand your issue. A couple more questions for you:

1. What is the make and model of your refrigerator.
        2. You are saying the "converter blows fuses fast". If you're not hooked up to electricity, the converter should not be powered on. Are you possibly talking about an "Inverter"?
        3. What is the voltage of your battery? As battery voltage decreases, the current running devices increases. When the battery voltage gets to a low point, it will cause so much current flow that fuses can "blow".

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Battery voltage is 12.42 we are not connected to shore power, was working fine when left camp driving 5 hrs it was off fuse blown replace blows instantly, tried the gen power panel circuit break not blown/ tripped no lights no codes. Its a Norcold 2118SST in Grand Design 328m ,

Comment

'Fuse blows fast' clearly indicates a short in the circuit. Look for chafed wires.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Cntyview Can you specify which fuse is blowing? There are several fuses dealing with the fridge. On my first TT the fridge was notorious for randomly blowing the fuse on the board (got lucky the first time and found fuses at the camp store). If its blowing the board fuse, that limits the fault to the fridge. If it's blowing a panel fuse the short is between the fridge and panel. Start by disconnecting the fridge and working back, check where the wiring enters the fridge as there are usually a few sharp edges that can wear through the insulation.

BTW what model of camper do you have? Is the fridge in a slide? If in a slide, check the umbilical between the slide and the camper for issues.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X