Furion observation camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furion observation camera

We just purchased the solitude 375res and a 2022 gmc 3500 Sierra. We have now bought two furion observation cameras with no luck getting either to pair when the camera is on the rig. Has anyone else had this problem? We are about to send the second camera back unless its an issue with the GMC. I thought I would start here first, we can't imagine its the distance that's the issue because yall us the Furion system on rigs this long....

Did you try plugging in directly to the power supply and pairing it before you mount it? The instructions show how.
    2020 Imagine 2600RB.
    Our second trailer, after we learned what we needed!

Comment

Originally posted by shellyreeves80 View Post
      We just purchased the solitude 375res and a 2022 gmc 3500 Sierra. We have now bought two furion observation cameras with no luck getting either to pair when the camera is on the rig. Has anyone else had this problem? We are about to send the second camera back unless its an issue with the GMC. I thought I would start here first, we can't imagine its the distance that's the issue because yall us the Furion system on rigs this long....
      I have a 2019 GMC 2500, towing a 34' long Travel Trailer (total length = 56 feet) and I have three Furrion cameras. Two are on the front of the trailer on either side and the rear is on the back. I have had no problems at all with the cameras pairing or even with a bad signal.

That said... If I were to buy a rear backup/observation camera today, it would not be a Furrion. The reason is the 7" monitor is too dim to see clearly in daylight. I have the brightness turned up to the Max and I still can't see the display very well during daylight hours.

Bob
      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post

I have a 2019 GMC 2500, towing a 34' long Travel Trailer (total length = 56 feet) and I have three Furrion cameras. Two are on the front of the trailer on either side and the rear is on the back. I have had no problems at all with the cameras pairing or even with a bad signal.

That said... If I were to buy a rear backup/observation camera today, it would not be a Furrion. The reason is the 7" monitor is too dim to see clearly in daylight. I have the brightness turned up to the Max and I still can't see the display very well during daylight hours.

Bob
        Bob,

I am in the market for a camera and have heard the same comment on the Furrion. Any recommendations?
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Do you have the trailer lights on? My 320G has the cameras wired to the trailer lights, so my lights have to be on to send video.
          2020 GD 320G
          2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

... We are about to send the second camera back unless its an issue with the GMC. ...
            This is confusing to me... It shouldn't have anything to do with the GMC. The Furrion monitor and camera should already be paired right out of the box.

Jim (& Sharon)
            2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
            2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
            The toys:
            2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
            2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Bob,

I am in the market for a camera and have heard the same comment on the Furrion. Any recommendations?
              I don't have any recommendations. I have not shopped around as I am not planning to replace the Furrion any time soon. Sorry I can't help you.

Bob
              Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
              2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post

Bob,

Not Bob, but I am so far very happy with the Haloview RD7Mini. I bought the range dominator system to ensure a trouble free wireless reception.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Not Bob, but I am so far very happy with the Haloview RD7Mini. I bought the range dominator system to ensure a trouble free wireless reception.
                  Still another wrong Bob but we run the smaller screen version (RD5) and like Scott, we have had no problem with the reception. The antenna is very close to the tow vehicle and we added the voltage booster as well. Yes, you run a cable on the roof but hey, we put all manner of things on an RV roof so...

Robert and Chris
                  2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                  2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Yes, everything is paired per the instructions and the camera seems to work fine when wired to the camper battery. The problem is when I have it hooked up to the pre-wired power at back of camper, I have power/blue light on camera but I have no power on the camera monitor. To some up, it works fine with any other power source other than the power at the back of camper..

Comment

Yes, everything is paired per the instructions and the camera seems to work fine when wired to the camper battery. The problem is when I have it hooked up to the pre-wired power at back of camper, I have power/blue light on camera but I have no power on the camera monitor. To some up, it works fine with any other power source other than the power at the back of camper..
                      Have you tested the wires on the back of the camper?, what voltage was there? Is the polarity correct on the wires?, red positive, black negative. It seems that there is a wiring issue on the camper. Do you have to turn on the trailer marker lights to get the camera light to come on?

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

[QUOTE=Country Campers;n67545]
                        you have to turn on the trailer marker lights to get the camera light to come on?
                        /QUOTE]
                        This...Are you turning the lights on?

Comment

Yes, everything is paired per the instructions and the camera seems to work fine when wired to the camper battery. The problem is when I have it hooked up to the pre-wired power at back of camper, I have power/blue light on camera but I have no power on the camera monitor.
                          I must have missed something.
                          Power to the monitor comes from inside the cab? Mine comes from the 12v receptacle under the dash.

Robert and Chris
                          2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                          2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Bob View Post

I must have missed something.
                            Power to the monitor comes from inside the cab? Mine comes from the 12v receptacle under the dash.
                            Ya, I missed that. Monitor power has nothing to do with the trailer. Maybe break out a meter and see if your 12v cab connection has power?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Ya, I missed that. Monitor power has nothing to do with the trailer. Maybe break out a meter and see if your 12v cab connection has power?
                              You may also want to the check the fuse in the 12V monitor plug. Just unscrew the end of the plug and there will be a glass fuse in there.
                              Ken & Sandra
                              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X