Furrion Cooktop Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Cooktop Issues

We've got a Furrion three burner top in our Reflection 337RLS that's giving us fits. Only one burner can be on at a time. When that one burner is on, there seems to be only one setting - high. We can't simmer a dish or do anything less than a full on burn. Then if we've got the oven going, the cooktop doesn't light. Has anyone else had this experience with their cooktop? Is there a way to adjust the fuel going to it so we can use more than one burner at a time? Thanks in advance!

Ron and DW

Originally posted by ardeaitch View Post
    We've got a Furrion three burner top in our Reflection 337RLS that's giving us fits. Only one burner can be on at a time. When that one burner is on, there seems to be only one setting - high. We can't simmer a dish or do anything less than a full on burn. Then if we've got the oven going, the cooktop doesn't light. Has anyone else had this experience with their cooktop? Is there a way to adjust the fuel going to it so we can use more than one burner at a time? Thanks in advance!

Ron and DW
    Welcome to the forum, ardeaitch (Ron & DW).

The Furrion in my 315RLTS has an additional regulator (to my knowledge all RV ranges have this device) that reduces the propane pressure from 11" WC ("water column") down to 10" WC. The additional regulator is a safety device that must be installed. I suspect it may be failing. A qualified technician can do tests to verify your main regulator is putting out the required 11" WC (and that it's getting to the range) and that the range's additional regulator is reducing the pressure down to 10" WC. The technician will also do a test to ensure that the required 11" WC is steady as propane devices are turned on in your 337RLS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cooktop.JPG Views:	0 Size:	221.6 KB ID:	67438

If any of the tests fail there's not too many components in the propane system--the DOT cylinders, low-pressure regulator (the one attached to the cylinders), lines, and then the parts in the stove itself described above.

Also note that while I've done these tests myself and know the underlying theory behind how the system works I don't have any first-hand experience with your specific issue, so this response is just informed speculation.

Please report back when the issue is resolved. The power of an owner's forum is the sharing of information!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

You might also want to check the line under the slide for any kinks or twists that may be hindering the gas flow.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

ardeaitch Who you say only 1 burner on at a time, what happens when you try to use more burners? Also you say when the oven is on the stove will not light.

I'd start by checking the lines under the camper on the slide. Once those are determined to not have obstructions, continue checking lines up to the units, not forgetting any branching devices as foreign objects like to accumulate there. I would also do as suggested and have both of the regulators checked. Lastly I would check the air flow to the units. Airflow to the units could cause multiple issues like not being able to light more than one burner or the oven not letting the burners light.

In Howards picture, it's a bit hard to see on some of the lines, but each line mixes air with the gas before it make it to the head. If you look closely in Howard's picture, just above the silver gas clamps you will notice a narrowing of the tube leading to the head. This is where the fuel pulls air in and starts mixing before reaching the head. This area needs to pull air from somewhere (typically the vents at the back of the stove top unit).
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Howard always has great helps. This is another direction, but may be something you might consider. Our Insignia had only two burners that worked with the ignitor and a known oven problem. I replaced it two weeks ago with a Haier 24" gas range from Home Depot. I think Howard has a Haier refer, so it is a good appliance type. The LPG conversion was easy, and we made a tasty apple strudel in the convection oven on our last trip. (My first baking experience in four decades :-))
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by ardeaitch View Post

Ron and DW
            Ron
            Welcome here
            A trick to get you range to simmer if low is not low enough is to slowly go from the high setting towards off. If your careful you can actually get a simmer flame. Hope you get the rest working.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

ardeaitch Welcome to the family and the forum!
              Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

There is a recall issued for the Winn-Tec LP regulator. The info I have doesn't mention the Reflection being affected - but please research it yourself! Your rig may be affected.

I found this info from the Grand Design website here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-support/recalls

I specifically searched for recalls affecting my rig and this is the info I found. My 2018 Imagine 2250RK is affected.
                TC Recall Number: 2021-328

Date Released: 6/28/21

Units Affected: 2016–2021 Imagine, Momentum & Transcend Travel Trailer Vehicles

Build Dates: July 17, 2015 through December 17, 2020

VIN Range:
                Imagine - 573TE3221G3400228 to 573TE252XM3420006 (non-sequential)
                ***Imagine - 573TE2725H6600001 to 573TE3722M6629984 (non-sequential)***
                Imagine - 573TE2728J5500002 to 573TE3020M5505277 (non-sequential)
                Imagine - 573TE2223K1208114 to 573TE2527M1213444 (non-sequential)
                Momentum - 573TM2729K5502637 to 573TM3120M5504621 (non-sequential)
                Momentum - 573TM3124M1213450 to 573TM3525M1214360 (non-sequential)
                Transcend - 573TT3221J8800001 to 573TT3327M8812752 (non-sequential)
                Transcend - 573TT3220J5500001

Summary: On affected vehicles, the Winn-Tec LP regulator may fail, causing unregulated high pressure LP to reach an appliance. If the event of high pressure LP reaching an appliance, the potential exists for a fire. Turn off your LP at the tanks if you smell LP, see a larger than normal flame height at an appliance or hear a loud ‘hissing” sound from an appliance.
                Doing walk-through, signing papers, and picking up my gently used 2018 GD Imagine 2250RK on March 11, 2022! I'm so excited to finally be upgrading my FT stationary home to a Grand Design!

Comment

sunshinenv -- first post and trying to help. Awesome! I hope you'll take a few minutes to read the Welcome Letter to New Members and that you'll continue to contribute.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X