Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Dometic and Norcold refrigerator fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Dometic and Norcold refrigerator fans?

I have a Dometic refrigerator that has a noisy external fan. Grand Design sent me a fan labeled Norcold. I called them back and they told me to try it then call them if it didn't work. Before I go through the trouble of getting into this replacement, I'm asking if anybody knows what the difference if any is between these two fan brands. GD has a different part number for both but doesn't appear willing to take the time to find out the difference. It is difficult for me to take trailer out of storage, get a ladder and remove the baffle board in wall just to find out the replacement fans won't work. Thanks in advance for any help.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Originally posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    I have a Dometic refrigerator that has a noisy external fan. Grand Design sent me a fan labeled Norcold. I called them back and they told me to try it then call them if it didn't work. Before I go through the trouble of getting into this replacement, I'm asking if anybody knows what the difference if any is between these two fan brands. GD has a different part number for both but doesn't appear willing to take the time to find out the difference. It is difficult for me to take trailer out of storage, get a ladder and remove the baffle board in wall just to find out the replacement fans won't work. Thanks in advance for any help.
    John,
    What model Dometic? If you don't know, your build sheet (that should have come with the trailer) will have the model # info.

What part # is on the Norcold fan they sent you?

With that information it shouldn't be too hard to track down the specifications.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
      I don't believe it will matter. A lot of owners including myself get their fans off Amazon. I order computer pancake fans from Amazon to use on the backside of my Dometic refrigerator.

The only things that may differ are the 12v/ground connector or the size of the fan which would affect the mounting hole spacing. The fans I order are 92mm and they fit exactly.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

As long as air is moving across the cooling fins, you will be good. Won't matter to the fridge what brand fan is moving the air.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
        X