Reversing the door swing on Dometic Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing the door swing on Dometic Refrigerator

I went to reverse the door swing on our refrigerator, but when I took off the bolts on the top hinge I realized the hinges are... ummm... riveted on?

They're small and don't look like normal rivets, so I'm not sure that's what they are. Before I just try to drill these out is there something I'm missing? Why are they there in the first place?

(Nothing about them in the manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16...s.html?page=41 )

Click image for larger version

Name:	upper1.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	68335Click image for larger version

Name:	upper2.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	68333Click image for larger version

Name:	lower1.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	68334
    Attached Files
    Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
    2021 GD 2670MK
    2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Scott.n.Tira

Those are not rivets they are screws put in from the outside. To access them you will need to slide the fridge out a little bit. There may be screws on the bottom and on the top on the inside , and on the bottom on the outside. I have just replaced my fridge with a Furrion 12v dc model and found 2 screws on the top inside and 2 on the bottom outside. There should be nothing else to do but remove those screws and slide the fridge out, change the hinges around and slide back in and replace the screws.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. I should have posted sooner but on your advice I went back out the next morning and reversed the door after pulling the frig out to reach the side screws.
      Took about 3 hours because there was ZERO room on the wall side to put the screws back in so I struggled there.

Thanks again. :-)
      Last edited by Scott.n.Tira; 11-12-2021, 10:46 AM.
      Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
      2021 GD 2670MK
      2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

Working...
      X