X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
    Keith

Here is a picture of my fan.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211021_190937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	68604
    According to the numbers they match.

Brian
    Thanks Brian
    How do you keep your fan so clean? I don't think I can get to mine in the tight space behind the metal bulkhead, Something for another Day.I appreciate you taking the picture. I have emailed ADDA for the specifications.

Question - do you think two additional fans mounted under the top fins in say the 60 to 80 CFM range each, will be enough extra cooling? I discovered today not much room to fit stuff. The distance from the back of the top vent cover to the fins is like 1/2", so the only place than can go is below the fins between the baffle and the fridge (5") IE 120MM size. I am thinking of mounting them through baffle (cut hole). Mor layer when I can edit my photos.

Thanks again
    Keith
    On edit I wonder if HD has some small diameter vacuum hose (computer size) That might fit in the space? I know they have the sheet metal I need for the better baffle I need to make for the top.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Keith

I do think 2 more fans would help. There is room on the mounting plate that the single fan is on for 1 or 2 more. You are going to have to pull the fridge out to access this area, it will be much easier, it will also help you with installing the new baffle.. I will be home Sunday and will get you a couple pics of the fan mount, my fridge is out on the work bench.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here is the datasheet on the factory fan - not the most efficient and noisy.
        AD0912UB-A71GP- Dometic (003).pdf

Attached Files
        Last edited by Yoda; 10-21-2021, 10:13 PM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This is where I am thinking of cutting into the baffle and inserting the 120mm fans, I would use one of the double fan mounts and mount it to the baffle with a bit of reinforcement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_0708s_LIs.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	68631
          The mount
          https://www.amazon.com/Bykski-Radiat.../dp/B083S4F3PW
          Based on the dimensions it will be snug against the fridge back and the baffle. - IE a tight fit. I will need to place it between the cover vents where there is more space. Just above the red box is where the vent sits n note the markings.

Thoughts?

Thanks Keith
          Attached Files

Comment

Keith

I would not mount the fans there, the coil at the top of that picture is where the air needs to flow through. If you mount the fans in the area you have drawn the box air will not flow over the top coil..

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I put mine in the opening above the baffle. Right in front of the cooling fins. Blowing out. Max air movement over the fins.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Keith

I would not mount the fans there, the coil at the top of that picture is where the air needs to flow through. If you mount the fans in the area you have drawn the box air will not flow over the top coil..

Brian
                Brian - the fans would be mounted flat and blow air upwards through the fins, just as the stock fan does. Are you concerned they would block airflow when not in use? BTW - your correct I would need to pull the fridge to get the fan beside the stock one - unless I can get the metal baffle removed without cutting my self to pieces. I am hoping not to do that.

Scott Scott'n'Wendy How did you mount them there. The cover is within 1/2" to 5/8" of the fins, so I would need to cut into the cover vent areas to fit? If I cut the cover I am concerned about water intrusion. The fans are close to 7/8": thick, or at least 3/4" depending on the model. Could you please take a picture of what you did?

I also looked at mounting fans at the bottom to blow in or up. There is even less room there. I think I am going to pull the upper door frame and see if I can get at the baffle screws. I found the two sides ones, but it looks like the bottom may be glued . If I can get it out I can use L brackets to remount with accessible screws.

I'll know more later today.

Thanks for the help
                Keith

Comment

Keith

Blowing up through the fins is correct, I thought you were going to blow out thru the vent from that position.
                  Your plan should work.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Keith

Blowing up through the fins is correct, I thought you were going to blow out thru the vent from that position.
                    Your plan should work.

Brian
                    Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I thought I had a screw loos on my plans. Thanks for verifying this option. Once it warms up I get better pictures of what I am up against. First project will be a better baffle up top to direct the air above the fridge that passes through the fins out the vent. There is a dead space now. Hmmm - I wonder if the metal one there got put in backwards - it angles up instead of down - another thing to check and get a picture of.

Thanks

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Scott Scott'n'Wendy Could you please take a picture of what you did?

Thanks for the help
                      Keith
                      I think I could get a pic for you later today. once (if) the rain stops.
                      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Here ya go
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                          Here ya go
                          Thanks Scott It looks like you just used some L brackets - is that correct?

Thanks again...I need to double check the clearance I have between the cover and fins. I was thinking of some foam squares cut to various thicknesses.

Keith

Comment

Yes, L brackets I made from some aluminium angle I had in the garage.

Comment

Update"
                              I made up a foam bock the thickness 1", and dimensions of the fans. No way I can mount them as Scott has done. The fans need to be 1/2" to 5/8" thickness (including mount) to fit my situation. I am now planning to mount them thorough the baffle in a flat orientation several inches below the fins blowing upwards. See post #19. I do have sensor wires in the way (no slack) so I may need to separate them (separate single mounts) to fit.
                              Thanks

Keith

Comment

Yoda Keith, Pulling air across a radiator is more efficient than pushing (think air compressor, compressed air is warmer than non compressed air and vacuum air is cooler than non vacuum air). I dis like the fan setup on the camper. Will evaluate the fans in the spring and consider moving them up.

As for computer fans, the 3 pins are bat + Bat -, and speed. (not necessarily in that order in the plug). Most modern computers use PWM to control fan speed and use the 3rd wire to monitor fan speeds.
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X