Furrion electric fireplace 40"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post

Thanks Jim. I pulled the crispy board and threw out (smelled bad). Put the fireplace back in unplugged just so I don't have a hole.

Still baffled at the Furrion response. Will keep you all posted.

Jim
    Would you mind holding on to it a bit (maybe throw it in a ziplock bag?) If anything is going to come of it, someone is going to want to inspect the board.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Jims94vmx I'm a bit baffled at the wire routing. Why would someone route the wires across the terminals like that? Can you tell if the i think black wire was shorted through on the terminals? If so, that could be and indication of either heat or wear on the insulation.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Board gone. I couldn't stand the burnt smell anymore. I waited for Furrions reply. They didn't seem interested, so trashed it.
        2018 337RLS
        720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Jims94vmx sorry for the frustration you are enduring for this. With the fact that the board was disposed of, there is not much more we can do other than to document it under your VIN, and then have customer service review it. I show where you have a case # opened up with customer service. They received it Friday 10/22 just before closing.... and we ended up closing early that day due to water main break and having no running water. Your case # is 125964

I will bump the rep and also make note of the disposed board and the furrion reply. If you do not hear from anyone by end of day today, please reply to this thread and tag me, GDRV-Mariah or TucsonJim

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
            Jims94vmx sorry for the frustration you are enduring for this. With the fact that the board was disposed of, there is not much more we can do other than to document it under your VIN, and then have customer service review it. I show where you have a case # opened up with customer service. They received it Friday 10/22 just before closing.... and we ended up closing early that day due to water main break and having no running water. Your case # is 125964

I will bump the rep and also make note of the disposed board and the furrion reply. If you do not hear from anyone by end of day today, please reply to this thread and tag me, GDRV-Mariah or TucsonJim

Thanks!
            Thanks. We are traveling so hard to keep a strong smelly object anywhere we would not smell it.
            2018 337RLS
            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Thanks!
              Here are above pics. Shows where it got started.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211019_113839.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	68846

Attached Files
              2018 337RLS
              disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
                Had some smoke and really startled us this morning. I shut off circuit breaker and took out fireplace. Thought I might find melted wires or something...so glad that wasn't the case. Don't know if it could have been dust?

What if anything have you swapped out for the Furion? It is a 2018.
                Thanks.
                Greystone?
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Greystone?
                  No, it's a Furrion.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks!

I heard back yesterday afternoon . The gist was what did Furrion say, and parts are hard to get. But this response takes the cake.

"If you would like, you can contact our parts department here and they can help maybe figure out a fireplace that will fit and you can order directly from us. I cannot offer any kind of a discount due to the time frame of the warranty and it being Furrion’s product.

You can call or email our parts department at: 574-825-9679 and ask for parts or email: parts@granddesignrv.com

Thanks."

So my fireplace literally burned up and no help. Again it is out of warranty I understand. It did not just stop working, it burnt up.

Any other resources to bubble this up to for SAFETY. Many manufacturers use this fireplace. Thoughts?

Thanks for listening.

Jim
                    2018 337RLS
                    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Not an expert as to how recalls / safety reporting works, but shouldn’t Furrion be reporting this to the CPSC? Not sure how a consumer can report something like this to the CPSC. We only hear about one incident because of this forum, but there could be others that do not belong to forums, or have a different RV brand.
                      Elke and Heinz
                      2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Jims94vmx

I believe that the NHSTA is the correct place for bringing attention to a safety hazard for the RV industry, there may already be reports there on this matter, or not.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Nothing to offer on the safety hazard/recall effort. Just wanted to note that we replaced our fireplace with a small space heater with the same power requirements as the fireplace, and converted the remaining space to storage.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

We like the look of the fireplace. looking at Dimplex models maybe......just started our search. Bottom line is don't run it unattended.

I had a guy on another forum mention the solder. He fixes circuit boards. He thinks it is possible the lead free solder cracks easier and can arc.. At least someone offered a possible reason.

Definitely will not replace with another Furrion. Customer service and lack of caring about a safety issue....
                            2018 337RLS
                            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Put in a 42" unit in today. More modern look. Throws more heat. Must be stronger fan? Or my imagination! Lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D8KNV7R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_E9ZV3XAWTFR4R5D7X34P?_ encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_170919.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	70235
                              2018 337RLS
                              disc brakes, ems

Comment

A quick note. It does not have a thermostat. Has 750w and 1500w and timer, dimmer, and led colors for flames and bed. My tower heater has the thermostat so I can live with that.

2018 337RLS
                                disc brakes, ems

Comment

Working...
                                X