Portable Solar Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Solar Panel

I am looking to purchase a portable solar panel with controller to top off my battery when we are boondocking. I am also thinking I should add a 2nd battery or upgrade the stock battery. Any suggestions?
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

So far I am liking the Safari UT 1300 lithium batteries that I purchased. The only problem with lithium is you should upgrade the converter or add a converter that will charge them better than the stock converter. I have been looking at portable solar as well but may do a 2 panel roof mount instead.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey John and Lori.

I have a 2021 Reflection 295RL which came with a 24 batterie , needles to say I could last barely 16 hours while boondocking. I replace the batterie with 4 X 6volt 250 amp AGM batterie. granted It did cost a few bucks but now I can last quite a while and also later I will add an AC converter which will permit me to last a good 24 to 48 hours with basic 120 volts to operate either a microwave, TV and even a hair dryer.

Thanks Gilles

Comment

Gilles, do you mean you purchased four 6 volt 250 amp AGM batteries? Can you provide a link please and thank you!
        John and Lori
        2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Hey John.

up here ( btw i'm in Quebec ) we have a chain of stores called batterie experts where I did purchase my batteries and they do offer a full service to help you chose the proper batterie . For my situation the following battery was suggested 4 X
          https://www.batteriesexpert.com/en/b...haut-rendement
          oh btw my mistake they are 225 amps not 250 :(
          my configuration is as follows
          2 time 2 battery in series to make 12V @ 225Amps in parallels to make 12V @ 450 Amps. So I have plenty of Amps to connect a converter to supply anything electronic ( Microwave, TV, etc)
          https://www.batteriesexpert.com/en/i...00w-sinus-pure.
          For my case I am still unsure if I will get the solar panels since with my setup I am able to last 2-3 days easy and I never do more than 1-2 days of boondocking. Still thinking about it,

Thanks and have a great day

P.S. found the equivalent on Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/VMAX-XTR6-235...T&srpt=BATTERY

Comment

Originally posted by JHC View Post
            Gilles, do you mean you purchased four 6 volt 250 amp AGM batteries? Can you provide a link please and thank you!
            John
            If you have a Crown battery dealer near you they have 260AH 6V flooded batterys (CR260 if I remember) way cheaper than AGM. I am running 4 with good results so far.
            To the OP do a search as several folks have posted about having good luck with suitcase solar set up 100 to 200 watt size.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X