Furrion Arctic Side by Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Arctic Side by Side

I am the new owner of a 28BH, but not a new to RV's. The RV has the new Furrion 15.6 cu.ft Side by Side. Quite impressive, however i see now way to lock the doors while traveling to ensure that they do not open while in transit. Dealer had no idea other than tape shut??? Cany believe that Furrion is making RV fridges with a way to lock for travel. The manual says nothing other than to travel with the doors closed. Any Ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-25-2021, 04:09 PM.
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

We have a smaller Furrion in our 200MK. There is no specific latch on the doors for travel. The doors don't ever pop open during travel. I think they designed the doors pretty well. I also like the little plastic dingus that will hold the doors open a couple inches to keep the fridge aired out when not in use.
    Ruth and Patrick
    2022 Transcend 200MK
    2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Comment

Nice. Hope its as simple as that. I have not found my dingus as yet. I will have to walk out and check it out. Thanks...
      Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
      RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
      PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

allenrude

Al,

This fridge model is pretty new to all of us and you have been the first to post a question on this. If you would not mind posting a couple pictures of the doors and any latch that may be there and we could see what may need to be done. I would have to guess that there is a latch to hold the doors shut but stranger things have been found.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We just took possession of a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS two weeks ago. It came with the 16 cu. ft. Furrion dc refrigerator. The doors seal tightly but there is an elastic latch for travel.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	18C850B7-5A1D-4AA1-B70F-0E175CCF8283.jpeg
Views:	3378
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	69804
          2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
          2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Yes, that picture you show is exactly what is on my new 28BH as well. The strap attaches to the doors at the top to keep them closed during travel. The bigger concern I had with the refrigerator is that it is not mounted in the cubby in a way that keeps the refrigerator from moving back and forth. If you grab the unit by either side and move it back and forth like it would do when in transit, you will see how much movement there is. It is possible for the unit to make contact with the right-side wall of the cubby as well as with the cabinet over the kitchen sink when the slide is in. I asked about the movement during our PID walk through yesterday and was told that there is no good solution for a firm mount on this new refrigerator since GD can't put screws into the case like I am guessing may have been done with the traditional absorption refrigerators. If you look with a flashlight at the top of the refrigerator (between the cubby top and the refrigerator), you will likely see wood blocking that was installed at the factory. My guess is that the blocking was the best solution GD could come up with to help keep the refrigerator as stable as possible in the cubby. My plan is to put a little piece of self adhesive foam along the right side of the refrigerator where it will contact the wall to help avoid damage to the right side of the cubby. It will be interesting to see if GD comes out with any better guidance on the topic as more experience is gained with the new refrigerator...

Comment

Hi Rick, I have the same camper 2022 315RLTS we just purchased. We also have the same refrigerator but ours is a 20.6 cu ft. I can't seem to find out how to turn off the refrigerator when we store the camper. Do you or Matt6 know.
              Thanks

Comment

Paul Altomare , you should be able to just hold down the function panel on the door control panel for 5 seconds. The temperature displays for freezer and refrigerator should then show "--" indicating that the unit is in low power mode. Hold the function button down for another 5 seconds to turn it back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Altomare View Post
                  Hi Rick, I have the same camper 2022 315RLTS we just purchased. We also have the same refrigerator but ours is a 20.6 cu ft. I can't seem to find out how to turn off the refrigerator when we store the camper. Do you or Matt6 know.
                  Thanks
                  There should be a fuse in the power distribution panel, small 12 v dc fuse, labeled for refrigerator that you could remove. Also if you are storing for more than a week I would suggest removing the battery cables as the battery disconnect does not remove all of the power draws on the battery.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers , would you still suggest disconnecting the battery on the newly built campers that come from GD with the solar system already installed? As long as a camper is stored where the sun can reach the panels and the refrigerator is in low power mode, I would expect that the daily solar charging should more than overcome the “vampire” drain of the camper systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt6 View Post
                      Country Campers , would you still suggest disconnecting the battery on the newly built campers that come from GD with the solar system already installed? As long as a camper is stored where the sun can reach the panels and the refrigerator is in low power mode, I would expect that the daily solar charging should more than overcome the “vampire” drain of the camper systems.
                      With the Solar you should be fine , I would just keep an eye on how the battery is staying charged, lead acid batteries will need proper maintenance.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Any suggestions from GD regarding what to do about the new 12v refrigerator shifting around in the cubby during travel?

Comment

Thank You all for your help

Comment

For those looking for how to turn off the Furrion 12 Volt refrigerator, at least the new 16 cu side by side, the instructions are on a decal on the interior of the fridge section. Basically you hold down the lock button until the lock disappears. Then hold down the function button until the temperature display reads "----". After a few seconds the display will then go blank and the interior light will turn off and stay off.
                            Last edited by tdeperte; 11-21-2021, 12:12 PM.
                            Tony
                            2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
                            2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Originally posted by tdeperte View Post
                              For those looking for how to turn off the Furrion 12 Volt refrigerator, at least the new 16 cu side by side, the instructions are on a decal on the interior of the fridge section. Basically you hold down the lock button until the lock disappears. Then hold down the function button until the temperature display reads "----". After a few seconds the display will then go blank and the interior light will turn off and stay off.
                              First post on the forum and you're already helping others! Thanks much Tony, and welcome!

Jim
                              Jim and Ginnie
                              2024 Solitude 310GK
                              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                              X