Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO Alarm

2019 310GK with Safe T Alert.
    The unit is mounted near the floor with no shore power at times. When we open the door the CO four beep alarm is on. After a reset, all is well. I don't think the battery is the issue. I'm wondering is being closed up for some period of time causes the alarm due to lack of airflow or perhaps some fabric or material is causing this. I pulled the fuse and will replace it on entry but that's not a convenient solution.
    2019 310GK-R F350 Mule
    2018 30XP Greyhawk 2015 Forrester Toad

Always assume it means a CO issue or other gas.

What model of alarm do you have? Is this when in storage or while using?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

If you could post a picture of the unit that would be most helpful.

Located close to the floor the only ones that I have seen were propane detectors.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by GaryNK View Post
        2019 310GK with Safe T Alert.
        The unit is mounted near the floor with no shore power at times. When we open the door the CO four beep alarm is on. After a reset, all is well. I don't think the battery is the issue. I'm wondering is being closed up for some period of time causes the alarm due to lack of airflow or perhaps some fabric or material is causing this. I pulled the fuse and will replace it on entry but that's not a convenient solution.
        Four beeps is the highest alarm level or means the detector has sensed CO according to what I can find in manuals.

The alarm requires replacement every three years and you're getting close, so consider replacing the unit (assuming what you're experiencing is a false alarm and the sensor is faulty). If you still get an alarm with a new sensor--more investigation is required to find out why.

FYI, I know that LP gas detectors can go off due to some cleaners and even puppy gas (no kidding). By any chance did some type of cleaner accidentally get into the sensor?

Please report back when this is resolved so we can all learn from your experience.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

the unit is a safe t alert
          it is in storage now but we are in and out as we are moving personals from our sold MH to the 310
          as instructed in ​​​​​​the manual, we hit the reset, the alarm goes off and we proceed with our tinkering for a hour of more then we close it up
          the alarm doesn't come back on while we are active in the unit but will be on when we return after a day or so
          no chemicals (cleaning etc) were used in the area or on the unit when we dusted it off
          We haven't had it on the road yet but I seriously doubt it will alarm when we are using it
          I pulled the fuse to prevent battery drain in the event we don't get by there for an extended period
          if it were an end of life cycle alarm it would be replaced
          not sure a pic would help
          thanks for the interest

2019 310GK-R F350 Mule

Comment

without an other ideas I'll take the route of changing the unit as howson mentioned
            2019 310GK-R F350 Mule

Comment

another note it is a 45 series alarm 45-741 or 45-742
              2019 310GK-R F350 Mule

Comment

Originally posted by GaryNK View Post
                another note it is a 45 series alarm 45-741 or 45-742
                Is the camper positioned downwind of another unit that may be producing high levels of Carbon Monoxide which (because our units are not air-tight) could build up inside? Other than that...I have no idea outside a faulty unit (as you noted). I don't know of any building material (luan, carpet, wall paper, etc) used in an RV that would give off Carbon Monoxide as that gas is normally formed due to combustion of petroleum fuels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alarm.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	70157

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Unless you can confirm with a CO meter you have to assume that the alarm is legit. The simple act of opening the door may introduce enough fresh air to allow you to reset it. CO is technically a byproduct of combustion but certain items used in the trailer could offgas and set it off. Unless you know someone with the local utility or a friend who is a firefighter that could check it for you I would start by replacing the unit, they are notorious for early failure and like what was mentioned above, have a very short life cycle.
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Your unit is a combination CO and propane alarm. Any propane tanks on?
                    John & Kathy
                    2014 Reflection 303RLS
                    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
                    X