Insignia (NS-rng24ss9) stove igniter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia (NS-rng24ss9) stove igniter problem

Recently came home from trip and my spark igniter quit on my stove. I'm assuming it's the igniter module, as I have volts to it. Any idea where to get the module reasonable, as the dealership can't get me in for a month. I guess I'll just replace it myself even though it's only 4 months old, probably easier than dealing with dealer.
    Barry & Karen
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Hopefully you'll have better luck finding parts for Insignia vs. Furrion. If you need a part for a Furrion oven, you'll need to purchase a new oven. They do not sell repair parts.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Mopar Man View Post
      Recently came home from trip and my spark igniter quit on my stove. I'm assuming it's the igniter module, as I have volts to it. Any idea where to get the module reasonable, as the dealership can't get me in for a month. I guess I'll just replace it myself even though it's only 4 months old, probably easier than dealing with dealer.
      Hi Barry,

I had an Insignia ignitor problem also. There are two or three threads on Insignia ignitor or oven problems. I was not able to locate parts for the Insignia, although I did remove the top cover and inspect the actual ignitor. I suspected it was the control board, because the ignitor appeared fine.

After a couple attempts to jury-rig a solution, I decided to buy a Haier 24" gas range from Home Depot. It fits into the same foot-holders and works well. The LP conversion was easy.

The new Insignia is supposed to be a better unit. As is true with all products, version three or four is always better. I would either replace the Insignia with an updated model or go with the Haier with convection oven.

The Haier makes a great apple strudel :-)

Best,

Charles
      2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

SAME problem with our Hampton Destination Trailer. Called Insignia and they sent us a whole new range. Major battle with dealership getting it installed, but finally got warranty to approve a local mobile RV service. Was working fine until today and now oven igniter will not spark Will have to reach out to warranty again, ugh.. Did find a website for parts: https://partstore.encompass.com/model/ISGNSRNG24SS9

Comment

Originally posted by Karenfleck View Post
          SAME problem with our Hampton Destination Trailer. Called Insignia and they sent us a whole new range. Major battle with dealership getting it installed, but finally got warranty to approve a local mobile RV service. Was working fine until today and now oven igniter will not spark Will have to reach out to warranty again, ugh.. Did find a website for parts: https://partstore.encompass.com/model/ISGNSRNG24SS9
          Hi Karen, Welcome to the Grand Design technical forum.

Quick question for you. I believe the Insignia oven igniter needs shore power to ignite. Are you plugged into shore power? The stove top does not apparently need shore power, just the oven section.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yes, it was plugged in. It turned out to be a bad igniter module, which I replaced myself. Dealer could not get us in before we left for Florida.
            Barry & Karen
            2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I wound up using a GE module.
              Barry & Karen
              2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I wound up using a GE module.
                Barry,
                Was it an exact replacement for the Insignia igniter (pn 07.07.000293-000) or was there some tweaking required?

A GE part number and a picture of the install would be fantastic...

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The GE module # WB13X32509
                  Pretty much same wire hook up less one green ground wire from middle 3 connections. Will try to post a picture of it. Questions, please ask.
                  Attached Files
                  Barry & Karen
                  2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
                  X