No gas to insigna oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gas to insigna oven?

The oven in our 2021 GD Solitude 390RK has never worked. Back when we bought it the guy doing our walk through went to show us how to light the stove and accidentally lit the top burner and set his sleeve on fire. He was fine but I was so freaked out that I totally forgot to have him go back to the oven demo. Horrible dealer will never go back-long story...
    Anyway, I took off the bottom plate inside the oven and can see the spark but smell no gas. All 4 top burners work fine.
    All I can figure is that there is a separate has line for oven and maybe it's kinked?
    I pulled out the bottom drawer but still cant see. Does anyone have schematics or advice? Thanks-Lori

Originally posted by The Williams View Post
    The oven in our 2021 GD Solitude 390RK has never worked. Back when we bought it the guy doing our walk through went to show us how to light the stove and accidentally lit the top burner and set his sleeve on fire. He was fine but I was so freaked out that I totally forgot to have him go back to the oven demo. Horrible dealer will never go back-long story...
    Anyway, I took off the bottom plate inside the oven and can see the spark but smell no gas. All 4 top burners work fine.
    All I can figure is that there is a separate has line for oven and maybe it's kinked?
    I pulled out the bottom drawer but still cant see. Does anyone have schematics or advice? Thanks-Lori
    Hi Lori--welcome to GD's (Technical) Owners' Forum. Hope you'll take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Also note I closed the duplicate thread in the Propane channel. (Please only post once per topic. You're new, so don't worry about it.)

Now to your question and speculation.

Typically the gas for the oven comes off a common junction inside the range. This is called a "manifold". It's possible there's an issue with the line going from the manifold to the oven but it would be unusual. If that was the issue the likely fix (IMO) would be a new oven.

What's unusual about the Insignia oven is the ignitor requires 120vAC instead of the 12vDC normally expected in an RV's oven. Are you plugged into shore power?

Edit: Duh...just re-read your post. You wouldn't have spark if you didn't have 120vAC. Sorry 'bout that...
    Last edited by howson; 11-15-2021, 05:52 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X