Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better Micro Air EasyStart 364 Blue or SoftStart RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better Micro Air EasyStart 364 Blue or SoftStart RV?

Well sales are happening and after reading - both work, but which is the better unit?

Soft Start Black Friday sale $264
    https://www.technorv.com/softstart-rv-black-friday/ No Bluetooth

Easy start Blue $308 with AIRSTREAM code - no sales yet.
    https://www.microair.net/products/ea...nt=29181121483 Has Bluetooth

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Keith

On edit IRV2 has a thread titled Not all A/C Soft Starters are the same Interesting read - a lot of bashing, but some useful information. I also looked up the "About Us "for both company's - one lead by marketing folks, and the other engineers with more experience. I think I am going to go Micro Air - now to find a sale.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-16-2021, 03:51 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

I have the unit from SoftStart RV and it works as described and I had occasion to contact them direct for assistance on installation and they were very responsive including talking to me while I was on the roof making sure I was making the correct connections. I recommend them based on this.
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

I also have installed the SoftStart on my previous RV and worked as advertised. I was able to run my AC off of a Harbor Freight 2000 watt generator. Above 5000 feet the generator would sometimes bog down, but below that it worked just fine. Hope this helps
      Ken Wagner Retired Electronics Mfg Eng.
      2022 Reflection 150 series 280RS
      2016 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2 Gas

Comment

MicroAir364 for me
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          MicroAir364 for me
          Thanks - do you think the blue tooth option is worth the extra cost?
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Well, I didn't think so. Once set up....My intention was to forget about it. Not monitor it.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Thanks - do you think the blue tooth option is worth the extra cost?
              Keith
              I like the Bluetooth option. I was having an issue overloading my little Champion generator using the AC, even with the MicroAir. The Bluetooth allowed me to see how many amps were being drawn by the compressor, and when the compressor was actually kicking on. Turns out that I was overloading the generator because I didn't turn off the converter (battery charger). While it may not make total sense, the Bluetooth helped me diagnose how many amps the AC was actually drawing and helped me conclude why the generator was being overloaded. It's also a fun little toy to have if you like to know the status.
              Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
              2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
              2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Paul & Deb View Post
                I have the unit from SoftStart RV and it works as described and I had occasion to contact them direct for assistance on installation and they were very responsive including talking to me while I was on the roof making sure I was making the correct connections. I recommend them based on this.
                I had the same experience and had the owner of the company spending about 2 hours while I was on the roof. Made a life long customer with me.
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                2021 F250

Comment

I went with the Micro Air 364 ASY-364-X20-IP (non Bluetooth). They had them on sale in August for $249 each. Just installed last week when we had 50 amp shore power available. I used a Inrush clamp-on amp meter to measure the starting amps as it went through the learning cycles. My 15k is now 11.8 amps and the 13.5k is 7.8 amps. I did call when on the roof installing with a question and they answered.
                  Don and Missy, DFW, TX
                  2021 Reflection 315RLTS, 2021 Ford F250 Tremor HCTP, Hensley Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by texas05 View Post
                    I went with the Micro Air 364 ASY-364-X20-IP (non Bluetooth). They had them on sale in August for $249 each. Just installed last week when we had 50 amp shore power available. I used a Inrush clamp-on amp meter to measure the starting amps as it went through the learning cycles. My 15k is now 11.8 amps and the 13.5k is 7.8 amps. I did call when on the roof installing with a question and they answered.
                    Thanks Don
                    If you see the sale again, please post.
                    Thanks

Comment

Yoda
                      RV OWNERS: Enter Code CMEASY15 at checkout for 15% off our RV EasyStart 364
                      https://www.microair.net/collections/cyber-monday-deals
                      November 17 to December 3 Online Sale
                      Last edited by gbkims; 11-18-2021, 09:42 PM.
                      Gene and Kim
                      2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                      2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post
                        Yoda
                        RV OWNERS: Enter Code CMEASY15 at checkout for 15% off our RV EasyStart 364
                        https://www.microair.net/collections/cyber-monday-deals
                        November 17 to December 3 Online Sale
                        Thanks Gene better than the others I have found - in fact the best so far. Did you add it to the Black Friday thread? I am waiting to see if some of the other sellers go deeper - then there will be the matter of me on the roof BTW do you think the Bluetooth is worth the extra cost. All I want is for it to work. I was going with the non version.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Thanks Gene better than the others I have found - ... BTW do you think the Bluetooth is worth the extra cost. All I want is for it to work. I was going with the non version
                          Keith,
                          Here's Hutch Mountain's video on the BT Easystart, it'll show some of the BT features near the end of the video.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTRofDkGkNw
                          If the A/C wasn't running right with this installed, the BT diags could make it easier to figure out the problem.
                          Gene and Kim
                          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
                          X