Dometic Fridge RM1350SLMX Overtemp Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic Fridge RM1350SLMX Overtemp Shutdown

After almost 3 years of constant reliable operation, my Diometic 1350SLMX with an ARP Fridge Defend attached has stopped working. Checked all fuses, no issues there. Restarted power, no problems there. Fridge Defend is doing its job and is preventing the boiler from restarting as it’s reading says 580°.
    Is the boiler a replacement part or I am looking at a fridge replacement? Any other thoughts on what I could or should do?
    Last edited by howson; 11-23-2021, 08:00 PM.

Originally posted by NAB View Post
    After almost 3 years of constant reliable operation, my Diometic 1350SLMX with an ARP Fridge Defend attached has stopped working. Checked all fuses, no issues there. Restarted power, no problems there. Fridge Defend is doing its job and is preventing the boiler from restarting as it’s reading says 580°.
    Is the boiler a replacement part or I am looking at a fridge replacement? Any other thoughts on what I could or should do?
    Typically a hot boiler is the result of a blockage. Once the sodium chromate hardens inside the tubes it's like cement. If the absorber section is cool with the refrigerator running and the boiler is super hot--that cooling unit is shot.

The entire cooling unit on the back of the refrigerator will have to be replaced. The refrigerator is removed to facilitate this repair. Attached is a sample of a cooling unit replacement procedure.

Another option, if there's space, is to convert your 1350 to a compressor-driven model. Check out https://jc-refrigeration.com/ (I didn't have room behind my 1350 so went with a residential--a much more intensive upgrade, and expensive to outfit the trailer with all the prerequisites if not already equipped.)

Regradless if you opt for another OEM cooling unit or another path, I'm afraid this is going to be expensive. But you do NOT need an entire new refrigerator.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Absorber.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	70762

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X