Furrion 12V Fridge LED Light inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 12V Fridge LED Light inside

Brand New 2022 Imagine 2600RB we just picked up from the dealer on 11/26. I went up a learning curve the hard way concerning the LED light inside the Refrigerator when the door is open. After parking the RV inside an enclosed storage unit, I disconnected the Battery using the "Battery Switch" at the docking station. I went in the RV to make sure power was off after turning the battery switch off and we noticed that the LED light inside the Furrion 12V refrigerator was ON. So, the Refrigerator must be wired directly to the Battery/ Solar charge side of the Disconnect Switch. Meaning the refrigerator will be "energized" even with the Battery Disconnect switch off. We like to keep the Refrigerator doors cracked open so mildew doesn't form inside. Furrion provides a plastic "door open" device to hold the doors open about 1 " or so. But with the LED light on since the Doors are open, I did not want the LED light in the Refrigerator to drain the battery being ON. So I closed the doors back on the refrigerator. In reviewing the Furrion Instruction and Operator booklet, and the electrical schematic, I was able to find that the LED lights inside the Refrig. will go out after 3 minutes of being on and it takes a door close recycly to bring the lights back on. Next time, I will test the 3 minute claim when I store the RV. Just an FYI about the 3 minute LED light on thing.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Bob Davis2 Bob, as you noticed, the 12V battery disconnect does not truly disconnect everything. There are many many discussions on this subject. Several people (including myself) have chose to put a true disconnect in between the battery and the ground (12V-) or main 12V+.

Things that are known to stay energized include: refrigerator, gas detector, brake break away switch, etc.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Bob Davis2 Bob, as you noticed, the 12V battery disconnect does not truly disconnect everything. There are many many discussions on this subject. Several people (including myself) have chose to put a true disconnect in between the battery and the ground (12V-) or main 12V+.

Things that are known to stay energized include: refrigerator, gas detector, brake break away switch, etc.
      Thanks! I will check that out.
      2022 Imagine 2600RB
      Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Davis2 View Post
        Thanks! I will check that out.
        I've also installed a second disconnect like Joseph. Another option (as recommended in the owner's manual for long term storage) is to remove the negative cable from the battery. Make sure the battery is fully charged prior to disconnecting from the trailer.

Howard
        Last edited by howson; 11-29-2021, 07:24 AM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here is the kicker, something else I learned with this New Imagine 2600RB. We store it in a covered unit with large swing out doors. The stall is about 18' tall x about 11 wide x 38' deep. So when I back it in, I have about 1.5' on each side clearance. Our last RV had the standard steel steps that folded underneath the doorway. On this Imagine, it has the stairs that fold into the doorway. With the RV in the stall I can open the entry door enough to get in, but I can't get the stairs down because the door will not open fully and the stairs can't make the arc to pull out and down. So, to get in this way I have to climb up the stairs still in the doorway and back down inside. I did this once yesterday when we first parked it in there. I am still sore today from that climb and gymnastics. I will have to make sure that everything inside the RV is buttoned up and safe for storage before I back it into the stall. I wish there were an easy way to remove the stairs, for cases with shallow clearance like this, because we could use a stool to climb up. Oh well, live and learn!
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Bob Davis2 Just FYI, I saw recently that the Morryde Step Above Second Generation steps have a quick release hinge feature specifically for that reason. Haven't tried them myself but might be a solution for you... if you want to spend more money!

https://www.morryde.com/products/ste...v-entry-steps/

QUICK RELEASE HINGE – Allows for easy removal in tight spaces or when the unit is in storage
            Ken & Sandra
            2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post
              Bob Davis2 Just FYI, I saw recently that the Morryde Step Above Second Generation steps have a quick release hinge feature specifically for that reason. Haven't tried them myself but might be a solution for you... if you want to spend more money!

QUICK RELEASE HINGE – Allows for easy removal in tight spaces or when the unit is in storage

Very cool! Thanks, may have to look into this. My back can't take another climb up and down those things when they are in the upright stowed position.

Video shows two hinge pin pulls.
              Last edited by Bob Davis2; 11-29-2021, 10:39 AM.
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post

KSC, that video you linked gave me some great insight into the steps and how they are attached. For the record, I went out to the RV today and checked the steps installed on our new Imagine 2600RB and sure enough, the hinge pins for them are "L" shaped and easy to remove and then remove the steps. Problem solved for getting in and out of the RV when it is in a tight stall! In the future, I will take the steps out prior to backing it into the stall for storage.
                2022 Imagine 2600RB
                Dallas, Texas area

Comment

AND, we checked the Refrigerator Light and sure enough after 3 minutes with the Door Open the LED lights inside go OFF.
                  2022 Imagine 2600RB
                  Dallas, Texas area

Comment

On your fridge light there should be a blade fuse in the power distribution panel, DC side, that is labeled fridge or refer, you can pull that fuse and it should cut power to the fridge, might cut power to other items as well but not sure. Open the fridge door so the light is on then pull fuse and light "should" go out.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                      On your fridge light there should be a blade fuse in the power distribution panel, DC side, that is labeled fridge or refer, you can pull that fuse and it should cut power to the fridge, might cut power to other items as well but not sure. Open the fridge door so the light is on then pull fuse and light "should" go out.

Brian
                      Good tip. There is a timer in the Light circuit that will only leave the light on for 3 minutes when the doors are open. In my case, I was initially concerned that the light would stay on when in storage with the battery disconnect OFF. Don't have to worry about that anymore since I know it will go off after 3 minutes. Thanks!
                      2022 Imagine 2600RB
                      Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Davis2 View Post

KSC, that video you linked gave me some great insight into the steps and how they are attached. For the record, I went out to the RV today and checked the steps installed on our new Imagine 2600RB and sure enough, the hinge pins for them are "L" shaped and easy to remove and then remove the steps. Problem solved for getting in and out of the RV when it is in a tight stall! In the future, I will take the steps out prior to backing it into the stall for storage.
                        Glad it helped.. and good to know there is an "easy" solution!
                        Ken & Sandra
                        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
                        X