Washer/Dryer Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer/Dryer Recommendation

We have just purchased our first rv, a 2019 Reflection 320 MRS. (We don't even have it yet.) I am interested in the option of a washer and dryer. Our dealer recommended 2 brands: Splendide and Pinnacle. Pinnacle is a few hundred dollars cheaper, but both are pricey. First, any opinions about whether or not we should make this investment right away? Second, any experience with either brand? Thank you in advance for your help.

Originally posted by MN Winelovers View Post
    We have just purchased our first rv, a 2019 Reflection 320 MRS. (We don't even have it yet.) I am interested in the option of a washer and dryer. Our dealer recommended 2 brands: Splendide and Pinnacle. Pinnacle is a few hundred dollars cheaper, but both are pricey. First, any opinions about whether or not we should make this investment right away? Second, any experience with either brand? Thank you in advance for your help.
    Welcome to GD's Technical Forum! I moved your post to the "Appliances" channel so it gets maximum exposure.

You may find this thread applicable: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts

For an opinion--my wife and I didn't have W/D hookups on our "must have" list. But we installed the Splendide's before our first trip in our camper. The Splendide's are perfect for just the two of us, and she loves being able to do small loads at her convenience. Bottom line: no way she'd give them up (or get another camper without w/d hookups).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

On the other hand... we have full-timed for over four years without a washer/dryer. We find it convenient to use large, multiple machines in the campground laundry (especially the military and Escapees parks we frequent) and get a week to 10 days' laundry done in two hours. We also have extra storage space that would otherwise be taken up by a W/D. Just my two cents worth.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
        On the other hand... we have full-timed for over four years without a washer/dryer. We find it convenient to use large, multiple machines in the campground laundry (especially the military and Escapees parks we frequent) and get a week to 10 days' laundry done in two hours. We also have extra storage space that would otherwise be taken up by a W/D. Just my two cents worth.

Rob
        Good perspective and balance, Rob.

The other "hit" with having a washer and dryer is the CCC consumed. The washer is not light, and in a 315RLTS both of the components are in front near the hitch, so the tongue weight soars. Nothing is perfect--definitely would not recommend the Splendide setup for more than a couple. They just don't have enough capacity to keep up with children IMO.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X