Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion FMCM15-SS Convention Microwave Troubleshooting-repair help

Hi:
    The convection portion of our Furrion convection/microwave quit today while preparing Christmas meal.

The convection element seems to work as the oven starts to heat up, but there is no convection fan running. The microwave portion and controls all work. I was not able to find any troubleshooting information beyond the basic user's manual.

Can anyone point me towards an installation manual and/or a troubleshooting guide? Specifically:
    Are there separate fuses for the convection fan?
    Are there serviceable parts or replace the whole unit?
    Any hints on removal/replacement as the venting for the kitchen fan appears self-contained behind the unit? (Is the removal/installation different than a "normal" household unit?)

This is on 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and the convection microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-SS

Also posted this at the mygrandrv forum. I'm not sure of differences.

Thanks!

Steve Murray
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
    TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW

Originally posted by swmurray View Post
    Hi:
    The convection portion of our Furrion convection/microwave quit today while preparing Christmas meal.

The convection element seems to work as the oven starts to heat up, but there is no convection fan running. The microwave portion and controls all work. I was not able to find any troubleshooting information beyond the basic user's manual.

Can anyone point me towards an installation manual and/or a troubleshooting guide? Specifically:
    Are there separate fuses for the convection fan?
    Are there serviceable parts or replace the whole unit?
    Any hints on removal/replacement as the venting for the kitchen fan appears self-contained behind the unit? (Is the removal/installation different than a "normal" household unit?)

This is on 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and the convection microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-SS

Also posted this at the mygrandrv forum. I'm not sure of differences.

Thanks!

Steve Murray
    Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about your Furrion unit. I don't believe that furrion has a trouble-shooting manual. And they typically don't sell spare parts.A

Have you tried killing power to the unit by unplugging it and/or disconnecting from shore power in order to reboot the unit?

Jim

P.S. The other forum you mentioned is privately owned and covers multiple topics. This forum is owned by GDRV and is for technical topics only.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you TucsonJim.

We pulled the plug as a reset. No luck. It's Christmas, so we'll deal with it next week.

Merry Christmas everyone
      RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
      TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW

Comment

Greetings,

We have Furrion Microwave FMCM15-SS-A that has stopped working. Nothing on the front panel is lit up and the unit appears dead. I checked breaker and the outlet for power and it is fine. No lightning strikes and good campground power. I turned the power off for 10 minutes in case there is a reset. About 3 days ago it popped the breaker, I reset and it worked fine.

Is there anything else that can be done?

It appears the warranty is 12 months, although not stated on any documents with the RV

Thank you for your assistance

Sarasota Ron

2020 GD Solitude 3740BH-R
        2020 3740BH-R
        2021 Ram 3500, Cummins, CC, 8' bed

Comment

Furrion products are pretty much disposable, i.e. not repairable. Not sure about the warranty, there should be an owners manual in your paper packet or you can search on line. Anyways, it took us about 3-months to get our replacement last fall so the sooner you can get a replacement ordered the better.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Ron, ours just failed a couple of months ago. Ours had the heating unit for the convection turn on and stayed on. Luckily I smelled it when I woke up and tracked it down.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you all for the comments.

It's pathetic, an approximately $500 unit that lasts 18 months of very normal use, good protected power. To tide us over, we went to Walmart and bought a microwave for $69.00 that fits on the little hutch counter that has an overhead plug, so we're at least back micro-waving. And it looks like it belongs there.

I am about ready to wire around the main circuit board with separate switches to the fan and light and buy a new one before selling the rig if these are only good for 18 months and a 1-year warranty.

Grand Design....If you are listening, you folks buy a massive amount of Furrion products. You should try to get them to provide at least a 2-year warranty for there products, for your customers.

Thank you all for your assistance

Sarasota Ron

2020 GD Solitude 3740BH-R
              2020 3740BH-R
              2021 Ram 3500, Cummins, CC, 8' bed

Comment

Yup - same model Furrion - convection fails to heat. On microwave burns the popcorn and only pops half the kernels. Slow-heating - Done with it -

Comment

Working...
                X