Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion backup camera and oneconnect

Happy new year everyone.
    As I continue my winter tinkering I have seen that our 2022 GD 22MLE is pre-wired for the Furrion backup Camera. This is great but it also has the Lippert OneConnect inside with app that allows to connect to backup camera. This would be the Lippert Insight.
    Seems odd GD would have this conflicting issue.
    Has anyone had Furrion installed and work with OneConnect?

thanks for any thoughts as I would like to view through app and not use separate monitor.

Chris
    Chris and Brittany
    soon to be 22MLE owners
    British Columbia

Originally posted by Arcticgrywolf View Post
    Happy new year everyone.
    As I continue my winter tinkering I have seen that our 2022 GD 22MLE is pre-wired for the Furrion backup Camera. This is great but it also has the Lippert OneConnect inside with app that allows to connect to backup camera. This would be the Lippert Insight.
    Seems odd GD would have this conflicting issue.
    Has anyone had Furrion installed and work with OneConnect?

thanks for any thoughts as I would like to view through app and not use separate monitor.

Chris
    A search returned this page: https://support.lci1.com/lippert-insight-back-up-camera (Snapshot of page below.)

There's appears to be exactly what you want here, but I couldn't get any of the links to work. Give them a try yourself...and if you can't get the manuals downloaded, too, contact Lippert: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11285.jpg
Views:	2085
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	74425

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have found that terminology applies to this discussion as I too was curious about the Furrion camera vs. Lippert camera with OneConnect while working with my sales rep before buying our 2022 Reflection 337RLS. We contacted the Lippert rep and the Lippert back-up camera is just that, back-up only. The Furrion camera I was looking at is actually an Observation camera meaning it will work while driving at highway speeds to Observe traffic behind you. It is wireless and can keep up with the imaging at highway speeds. It also serves while backing up. Some articles speak about the camera for Lippert being on only while in reverse but I cannot confirm this personally.

Mike
      Mike & Linda
      2022 Reflection 337RLS
      Ram 3500 Diesel
      Denver, CO

Comment

The word "Pre-Wired" is very confusing. Most GD come with a mount for the Furion back up camera. A lot of the wiring provided is as stated above, (reverse only / running lights on). There are you tube vids about wiring them differently, none of which I care for so far.
        "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
        2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
        2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
        2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

I had the Furrion Vision S 5" wireless backup system with sharkfin camera and 5" monitor screen for 3 years. The first camper was pre-wired for Furrion so the camera mounted in the back and the connection port was compatible. When I moved up to a Winnebago TT, their pre-wired camera set-up was not compatible so I cut and spliced so that the power was from the running lights. The Furrion Vision system is an Observation camera so that when the running lights are on, I see all motion in the back of the camper while driving at highway speeds. There are write-ups that some folks have issue with cut-out video feed at highway speeds but I never experience that (camper was 28' behind a Ram1500). I say this in that trailer length is believed to cause wireless connectivity issues for some. I liked the Furrion camera because of the monitoring aspect of what's behind me but over time have found the mirrors are fine. Personal preference for sure. With the Furrion system you can add side cameras where the running lights are and have video feed from side angles. My passenger side mirror and judging distance in city traffic is sometimes not fun! Some comment that having so many video feeds (rear, 2 sides) can also be over-whelming in terms of processing images and watching traffic in front you. The internet and Youtube is a good source for learning and consideration.

The Furrion camera also acts as a back-up camera when in reverse. My understanding with the Lippert back-up camera (not observation camera at highway speed) is it works only while in reverse. I too am setting up our new 2022 Reflection 337RLS so have not done much with it other than get it programmed to my iphone and verify connectivity.

Hope this helps some....

Mike & Linda
          2022 Reflection 337RLS
          Ram 3500 Diesel
          Mike & Linda
          2022 Reflection 337RLS
          Ram 3500 Diesel
          Denver, CO

Comment

Working...
          X