Greystone fireplace issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greystone fireplace issues

Bought our 2021 Solitude new in July from Lazy Days. The fireplace wouldn’t turn on. Lazy Days finally replaced the fireplace after 3 months of calling. A couple days ago was the first time using the replacement fireplace. After 10-15 minutes it stops working and shows code 88. I have removed it and reset it 3 times but it continues to stop working. I contacted Lazy Days and they said when you’re back in the area set up an appt. Well I won’t be back in the area until at least April which does me no good. Anyway they suggested I call GD. I tried all day on Friday 1/14 but had no luck speaking with anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I’d like to be able to supplement the heat some so I’m not using as much propane.

Go to Walmart or other store and pick up one or 2 of the little 1500W fan heaters. I have a Pelonis. That plus the fireplace will heat my 303 in 30F weather. They are not fast at heating the camper, but will get it up to temps and hold.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelonis-1...2?athbdg=L1600
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I never even thought about that. Thank you

Comment

ours quit this morning and my wife bumped the up and down arrow button on the face of the fireplace until the number say on. worked fine all day. we have a 2021 solitude 390rk
        2021 Solitude 390RK
        No truck - don't travel

Comment

We haven't had a problem with our fake fireplace. We run it all of the time when cold. I have a heavy drop cord fed thru the coroplast that will reach the outlets in the barn and often keep a 1500 watt oil filled radiator type heater down there. It does cut down on the propane use and also heats that space and then rises and enters the living area thru the open space above the cubbies, and we also end up with a nice warm bathroom floor. The fake fireplace also picks up the warm air and the expelled air is much warmer (actually hot) than without it. The downside is having to open the compartment to change settings.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X