Lippert Rear view camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Rear view camera

I just got a Reflection 303 RLS. It comes with a Lippert rear view camera. I got it to connect to my phone via the Connect app, but the connection seems very fragile. It seems like the connection is via WIFI. I can get it to work inside the trailer, but if I walk outside around to the back to adjust he camera angle it will drop. I can connect outside and can see myself on the phone but again it is not a strong connection. It will stay connected for 30 +/- seconds then freeze. I have not even bothered trying to walk to the cab of the truck... Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

Having the new "style" camera is going to be tricky for us to help you with. If this is a new wireless camera it is something that I , and I am guessing most, have not seen or heard of yet. If you would not mind posting a picture of the camera and the model number if you have that in the paper work that came with the RV. We then can check it out and hopefully catch up to this new technology.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Is this the system? https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0004493.pdf
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Yes that is the same manual I have. I will post a pic when we get some daylight.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear view Cam.jpg
Views:	3814
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	76894
          Here is a shot of the camera

Comment

Jeff Miladin

Thanks for the pic. This is the first that I have seen so you may be the guinea pig on the performance. I would guess it should be able to at least reach a signal inside the RV and also should reach to the truck. You may want to give this feed back to Grand Design Customer Service as well as Lippert. Lippert may be the best as they could go through the settings with you to make sure all is well.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Jeff Miladin -- please continue to share what you learn about this new camera. The power of this forum is owners-helping-owners. Usually the "helping" first comes from a lesson learned-type post from a fellow owner.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just going to throw an idea out: How do you normally connect to the app, bluetooth? I wonder if you need wifi mode to get the camera attached to the control panel then can switch back over to bluetooth.

What is the range on the Compass Connect app normally without the camera? Hopefully if it's good enough to reach the truck before the camera, the results are repeatable.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Spoke with Lippert today. Sounds like the fix is to pair with a stand alone LCD panel vs. the phone. They took my info and are sending the LCD panel. Will let you know how it goes once it shows up.

Be Safe,

Jeff

Comment

I have a 2022 Reflection 295 RL with the same Lippert camera. I also have poor reception and the image on the phone is fairly useless. I am interested in how to pair to an LCD monitor. I’d also like to see if it can be paired to RAM’s digital rear view mirror’s trailer mode. That would be an ideal set up reducing the need for one more monitor.

Comment

I have a 22 RAM 3500 and it has a plug in trailer camera at the hitch but since there is no video wire on the trailer (because its supposed to be wireless) Im not sure how to tie it into the truck screen. Agree that would be the best solution. I have not got the LCD Lippert promised yet but they told me it may be several weeks. Will let you know how the remote LCD works

Comment

The Lippert camera came installed with our 2022 Reflection 337RLS and I connected to my ipone via bluetooth. Over several connection attempts, it was intermittent and the image quality was poor, at best. Also, the camera only works during back-up, and is not an Observation camera like my previous Furrion vision S. We've been travelling and I finally gave up and installed the Furrion camera. What a HUGE difference in connectivity and picture clarity. And, I can monitor behind me while driving highway speeds with no issues. I do use it to help judge the passenger side traffic while passing.
                        As a point of reference, when I took off the Lippert camera, it appeared to be hard wired into the camera (can't say for sure but on the ladder I wanted to move quickly) so I cut the wires and connected to the Furrion camera by splicing. The connection is with Running LIghts which makes it nice.

Mike
                        Ram 3500
                        2022 Reflection 337RLS
                        Mike & Linda
                        2022 Reflection 337RLS
                        Ram 3500 Diesel
                        Denver, CO

Comment

Pgott222 -- I moved your post and question to it's own thread. See Integrate MOPAR Cameras on Truck? here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...meras-on-truck
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the same camera and could not connect . Found a video from a keystone dealer. When you add camera enter ssid for camera and leave password blank . Follow the rest of prompts to connect.

Comment

"When you add camera enter ssid for camera and leave password blank "

Note that the SSID is the word "INSIGHT" followed by an underscore "_" followed by 6 additional characters (something like INSIGHT_A123A1). The app did find my device but wouldn't stay connected. I "solved" that by disconnecting from all other wifi sources, and adding the same SSID as a recognized source to my device. With that, the CompassConnect app would stay connected even in the cab of the TV. Not a great picture, I'll report more when I'm able to test it for backing.
                              2022 Reflection 260RD
                              2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Working...
                              X