Norcold 1012 T fridge on a 2021 303 rls bought in Sept 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 1012 T fridge on a 2021 303 rls bought in Sept 2021

Can anyone suggest a rv shop near or in Hemet California.?
    Our fridge died. Leaking yellow powder and I got a strong smell of amonia.
    not cooling at all. It’s done.
    coops
    Cooper
    2021 303RLS
    2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
    coops
    You could contact your selling dealer and also contact Grand Design Customer Service, have your VIN ready. Let them know that you are away from your dealer and the circumstances with your refer. Being as you are still under warranty they should provide you with a nearby shop or even a mobile tech that would be able to service you. You might even also contact Dometic but I would try GD first as you are under their 1 year warranty.

With the description I am sure that the refer will need replaced.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
      coops
      Coops...will send you a PM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Cooper Sorry to hear. Had the exact same thing happen to our fridge (I think you meant 1210 T?) last September. Leaking cooling unit. Repair (for mine) was to replace the cooling unit (which means pulling the fridge). Pretty big job. Thankfully, the repair was covered by warranty. Coincidentally, our repair was just completed yesterday. The reason I mention all this?... it took almost three months. The part was back-ordered from Norcold (ordered in October - arrived late December). Not a big deal for us as its been in storage since October, but likely a much bigger issue for yourself.

Truly hope your experience will be better!

Ken
        Ken & Sandra
        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Yup that’s what I meant. Refrigerator part ETA 28 February 2022 Hemet California. Delayed due to snow storm in Indiana.

coops
          Cooper
          2021 303RLS

Comment

Hello all….the warranty issues continue.
            The microwave sooted up on the 4 corners. Called furrion then Granddesign. A new replacement to be shipped. Furrion will pay 1/2 Labour for the Re and Re..
            The new cooling replacement unit seems to operating fine. Saddle box replaced. Electrical box replaced. Cupboard screws replaced.
            Traiker will going to dealer for microwave Re-Re and slide adjustment
            An FYI..Granddesign will not reimburse for hours a customer does to do warranty repairs.

love the layouts

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer.
            Cooper
            2021 303RLS

Comment

Hello…well the microwave arrived yesterday. Too late for the dealer to install.

Question has any one replaced a microwave Furrion? If so please advise. ( not a microwave/convection) Are there any removal or installation videos you folks can suggest? It’s being installed into a 2021 303 rls. There is no cupboard above the microwave and the instructions refer to using a cupboard. No installation directions for installation not having a cupboard.
              if it’s too complicated I’ll get a rv technician to do it.
              any help guidance would be appreciated.
              many thanks

coops
              Cooper
              2021 303RLS

Comment

Cooper

If there is a plastic cover on the face at the top it should snap off and there will be screws that go up into a trim board or ceiling. When the screws are removed the front will drop down and you will need to lift the back off of the wall bracket. Be prepared they are a little heavy.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks my friend. Mines a wee bit different. I just took these pictures. It looks like the microwave is mounted to a wooden frame. Then the frame with microwave is attached by 4 or 5 screws to the roof.
                  I accessed it by removing a piece of molding. There is a wall bracket holding the microwave to the wall. Click image for larger version

Name:	35298097-16EF-41E1-AFF4-12E969F6E3AD.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	85727 Click image for larger version

Name:	B6E75E7D-B37E-4B13-BB1E-753FCA36BB2B.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	85728 Click image for larger version

Name:	1AE712F5-B6B1-48FC-B84B-A9DDB2AD8942.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	85729 Click image for larger version

Name:	D3D8F609-A551-44E3-844C-943F445DE8C8.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	85730 Click image for larger version

Name:	FA8A6BAE-B3F1-4784-BE6F-3B086B3C6ED8.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	85731

The molding is laying on the gloves.
                  Cooper
                  2021 303RLS

Comment

bClick image for larger version

Name:	5EC3CCC1-0163-4969-AA69-261301CBF851.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	85738 Click image for larger version

Name:	673CE26B-2C57-4FD8-B0EE-429DC3161500.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	85739
                    Sorry not roof s/b ceiling. Here’s the model and how it was packed. The price of plywood these days is more than the shipping and microwave costs. If the microwave works I’ll be impressed with the packaging. Click image for larger version

Name:	6C8AF3C2-4744-4316-BB09-9DADFFD21F1C.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	85740
                    coops
                    Attached Files
                    Cooper
                    2021 303RLS

Comment

Well the replacement microwave has been installed with the help of a neighbour. So far so good.

warranty hit list.
                      new refrigerator cooling unit installed
                      new microwave installed
                      2 cupboard doors fell off. Screw heads broke. Reinstalled with better screws.
                      replaced drivers side saddle bin. ( existing one cracked)
                      passenger slide out adjusted.
                      electrical wire recall addressed. Added another wire staple.
                      Electrical box behind TV cracked. Was not secured properly to the wall. New one installed.
                      no ARC sound from Jensen head unit to TRC tv. Work around is used a small cable from the headphone out on tv to auxiliary in on Jensen head unit.

The response/service from the warranty department of Granddesign was as it should be for the price of the unit and it being a new trailer. Rating c+ B-
                      Shipping Delays were due to overall RV component shortage.

As a RV warranty contract rep told me some time ago. A Trailer is a trailer is a trailer. Except for the fiberglass and airstream…they are all pretty much built the same way using the same components.

Love the layout and not using cable slide mechanism… that’s why we bought it.

keep up the good work in the forum…I gleaned invaluable information.

Coops

Cooper
                      2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                      X