Back-up camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back-up camera

Want to purchase a Haloview MC7109R Plus kit for my new Imagine XLS 22RBE. Back and sides show connected to existing running lights. Towing with a 2022 Chevy Colorado. Told that the Chevy does not push enough voltage through to operate cameras successfully. Thanks for any feedback.

Hmmm. I don't own a Chev but pretty sure they are capable of powering up the cameras. I would not be concerned about voltage level.
    I have a Haloview RD7...very good equipment.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Guest -- any thoughts?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Not sure where the information is coming from but it looks like this camera is powered via the marker lights. GM would supply enough power to use either incandescent lights or LED lights where there should be enough power to operate the camera. Especially if the lights are LED.

Jim

Comment

The later GM trucks (not sure what the start date is) at least for the 2020-2022, provide less than 12 volts to the lighting on the trailers. Haloview has a Power Booster BST2 that is needed to run the cameras. How do I know? I had to install one to get my Haloview RD7 to work on my 2022 GMC Denali.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoffman51 View Post
            The later GM trucks (not sure what the start date is) at least for the 2020-2022, provide less than 12 volts to the lighting on the trailers. Haloview has a Power Booster BST2 that is needed to run the cameras. How do I know? I had to install one to get my Haloview RD7 to work on my 2022 GMC Denali.
            This looks like an issue with the U1D and K68 lighting module (got to love high tech) for MY19 to current with respect to trailers with incandescent bulbs. OR if the load on lighting is above 7-8 amps which your Haloview camera may exhibit in conjunction with the lighting or alone. One way to handle this would be to run a wire to the camera and to the power distribution center where the battery switch would need to be in the on position while traveling. A toggle switch could be added to the distribution panel to kill the camera while camping. I'm not familiar with the camera booster so I would have no information there. As these vehicles become more electronically advanced, we can expect to see some hiccups in the future, or present in some cases.

There is another method in moving a couple wires around at the trailer lighting module for those that are technical.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoffman51 View Post
              Is there problems with later model GMC trucks and other camera systems? I have 2017 Silverado and a new traile that I am looking to add the back up camera to.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bironacad View Post

Is there problems with later model GMC trucks and other camera systems? I have 2017 Silverado and a new trailer that I am looking to add the back up camera to.
                thanks
                I do not believe so on the K2xx models such as yours.....and mine. The U1D and K68 equipped models on the new trucks (MY19 and above) can have trailer security which can cause issues with some cameras that are integrated into the marker lights. Its easy to do a work around where there is a TSB in how to move a couple wires around on the trailer lighting module on the new trucks to alleviate the issue.

Jim

Comment

I have a 2020 RBE that I towed with a 2019 chevy Colorado and the furrion camera worked great. I traded trucks and bought a 2019 chevy silverado and had to buy the adapter. Not sure what year it starts but the Chevrolets power to the tail light doesn't produce enough power for the camera. I think it started with the LED taillights. I ordered direct from furrion and it was near half the price the RV dealership wanted.
                  Last edited by howson; 04-21-2022, 06:32 PM. Reason: Edited font to forum standard (per rule 13). -Howard
                  Bill Nelson

2019 Chevy Silverado with 6.2 and 10 speed trans

2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Comment

Working...
                  X