27" TV Install Procedure in Imagine 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27" TV Install Procedure in Imagine 2600RB

There are several threads/posts on TV mounting, the backer plate, etc. I picked up information from several and did the install today in our 2022 Imagine 2600RB. So I wanted to put some photos and details of how I did this. I took into consideration what the was recommended by the Grand Design rep on another post, regarding using a 1/4" or thicker piece of plywood to mount first to the backer plate, then bolt the TV mount base to it. Since this particular TV Mount base is very big, I think it will do to spread the weight./ load across it.

Anyway, here are the steps I took to mount the 27" LG TV in our RV:

The TV is a 27" LG, LED with a "Cable" RF connection and 1 HDMI input. I got it at Best Buy for $149. The TV weighs 7 lbs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	666666.JPG Views:	103 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	81782

The mount I chose is from Amazon, it is a PerleSmith PSLRVF. It has a Locking / Stow Position which they say is for RV's and traveling. It is a very Robust mount, and it weighs more than the TV, I think it is 12 lbs. But it has a Wide Base plate and in my mind negates the the use of plywood backer underneath to distribute the weight / load. Just my thinking. If the TV falls off the wall in the future I will come back and say I was wrong.

Click image for larger version  Name:	77777.JPG Views:	44 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	81783

I used #14 x 3/4" long sheet metal screws to mount the base plate to the Wall

. Click image for larger version  Name:	8888.JPG Views:	41 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	81784

I bought a pack of small circular magnets to help find the exact locations of the steel backer plate as shown. Note that the backer plate is quite large. The magnets are stuck to the wall to show the size. To achieve clearance from the Wall to the Right, under the sliding door trim, I had to mount the TV mount as far left on the Backer plate as I could.

Click image for larger version  Name:	99999.JPG Views:	41 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	81785

I drilled holes with a drill bit a few sizes smaller than the #14 sheet metal screw diameter. The Steel backer plate is pretty thin. The drill bit will labor a bit through the wall material then hits the steel backer and goes through it very quickly. Don't expect a real thick steel plate.

Then Attached the bracket, squaring and leveling, using the #14 x 3/4" Sheet metal screws as indicated by the Red arrows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	222.JPG Views:	42 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	81786

Then followed the Instructions to mount the TV to the mount bracket. Here the TV is Stowed in the locked position against the wall. There is about 1" between the Wall and the TV at the Wall. A 32" TV would have been too big in my opinion. Matter of fact,in hindsight, a 24" would have been plenty. Note the pull "release cord" at the bottom of the TV. This releases the arm of the TV mount to let it swing out and adjust for viewing angle. Note also the clearance of the TV to the Window Valance. Probably 1/4" to 1/2" at best.

Click image for larger version  Name:	44444.JPG Views:	42 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	81787

I will show the extended view of the TV below.

Again, this is a 27" TV in a 2022 Imagine 2600RB model.

Thanks and happy RV'ing.
    Last edited by howson; 04-16-2022, 05:29 PM.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Here is a photo of the TV extended and angled a little for better viewing from the bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	555.JPG
Views:	685
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	81789
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Very nice write up, thanks for sharing.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle