No announcement yet.

2022 Reflection 315RLTS back up camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Reflection 315RLTS back up camera?

We are new here. Just bought a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS and really enjoying it. Wondering something. There is a camera for backing up, but can not find any information about how to use it. Anyone have any information on it?
    Steven and Andrea Bass
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Can you share a little info, What brand? Is there a monitor for in the truck?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by StevenAndreaBass View Post
      We are new here. Just bought a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS and really enjoying it. Wondering something. There is a camera for backing up, but can not find any information about how to use it. Anyone have any information on it?
      Are you sure your not just looking at the pre-wired mount sans camera? I do not see a camera listed on GD as even an option. If you can take a picture of it we might have a better idea of what you asking.

And welcome to the group.
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jimmer -- did your 315 come with a backup camera? Can you help this new owner?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the same trailer and same year. It comes with the Lippert connect app (Insight camera) It uses your phone as the monitor for the rear camera. Be aware the app has terrible connection issues. The camera uses its own Wi-Fi and just does not connect well. I contacted Lippert on this and they weren’t really helpful. I ordered their 7in monitor which has an antenna on it. I just got it in, it took over a month to get here from them. I connected it and seemed flawless in the driveway which the phone app was not. I’ll link the monitor on the site below. Hope this helps. I’ll know more how it works on a trip soon. It is cool it has audio so you can have someone spot you and hear them through the monitor.

https://store.lci1.com/insight-camer...020112848.html

note: connecting it took me a while to figure out. There is a black button on the bottom of the rear camera you got to press hard and hood it a few seconds. Then it will connect.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Jimmer -- did your 315 come with a backup camera? Can you help this new owner?
            The 2021 had camera prep, but not an actual camera. So I have no idea on this one.
            Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
            2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
            2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

My new 2022 303RLS came with the rear camera installed as well. I haven't been able to get it to connect with my phone yet...after multiple attempts.
              Mark & Yvonne
              2022 Reflection 303RLS
              2021 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ
              B&M turnover ball
              Blue Ox Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter

Comment

#1Bama

What is the make and model of the installed camera? Did you see the note in post #5 about holding down the button?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My 2022 28BH came with the same camera. I did manage to get it connected to my phone, but did not want to have my phone tied up as a backup camera and its really to small. Also i did not like the picture, so i pulled the LCI camera and replace with a camera that i had on my travel trailer. Mount was close enough to work. I already had a display for it and the picture was far superior to the Lippert. So that camera now sits on the shelf with everything else that i have pulled out from the camper and replaced.
                  Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
                  RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
                  PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Originally posted by Payner9 View Post
                    I have the same trailer and same year. It comes with the Lippert connect app (Insight camera) It uses your phone as the monitor for the rear camera. Be aware the app has terrible connection issues. The camera uses its own Wi-Fi and just does not connect well. I contacted Lippert on this and they weren’t really helpful. I ordered their 7in monitor which has an antenna on it. I just got it in, it took over a month to get here from them. I connected it and seemed flawless in the driveway which the phone app was not. I’ll link the monitor on the site below. Hope this helps. I’ll know more how it works on a trip soon. It is cool it has audio so you can have someone spot you and hear them through the monitor.

https://store.lci1.com/insight-camer...020112848.html

note: connecting it took me a while to figure out. There is a black button on the bottom of the rear camera you got to press hard and hood it a few seconds. Then it will connect.
                    So are you happy with the monitor - any glitches? Does it work better with the camera?
                    Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
                    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
                    2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

I just got finished fighting with the new insight monitor for my insight camera. It would not connect. I got on the phone with Lippert and the customer service guy went through every possible step with me. I was able to finally get my phone to connect but the picture quality at my truck is horrible. One of the problems was that when I was pressing the reset button on the camera to put it in pairing mode or to reset it, no led lights would ever flash. The cs guy said "well, sometimes they don't". So, he decided that they are going to send me another monitor kit and see if that works.
                      I just don't understand why GD would continue to install these cameras knowing that the customer is going to have to end up buying another monitor for it. And to boot, it may not work either...
                      Mark & Yvonne
                      2022 Reflection 303RLS
                      B&M turnover ball

Comment

Originally posted by #1Bama View Post
                        I just got finished fighting with the new insight monitor for my insight camera. It would not connect. I got on the phone with Lippert and the customer service guy went through every possible step with me. I was able to finally get my phone to connect but the picture quality at my truck is horrible. One of the problems was that when I was pressing the reset button on the camera to put it in pairing mode or to reset it, no led lights would ever flash. The cs guy said "well, sometimes they don't". So, he decided that they are going to send me another monitor kit and see if that works.
                        I just don't understand why GD would continue to install these cameras knowing that the customer is going to have to end up buying another monitor for it. And to boot, it may not work either...
                        I sent an email to Lippert about the monitor and told them I just wanted a return label and for them to refund my money. CS representative replied and said they will refund my money and that I didn't need to return the monitor. They did ask that I not sell it but gift it or donate it instead. That should give you an idea of what THEY think of their product.
                        Mark & Yvonne
                        2022 Reflection 303RLS
                        B&M turnover ball

Comment

I just got mine today. Of course, there were no pairing instructions; no instructions at all. When I turned on the monitor, it sort of walks you through the pairing procedure which wanted me to push a button on the camera. Finally found it and tried to push it (it's level with the housing). Finally I downloaded some instructions and they were slightly different than what the monitor was saying. Basically, I needed a pen or paper clip to push the button and in the process I inadvertently reset the camera, which caused it to pair! So, I'm going on an RV trip this Monday for a week. We'll see how it works. I did keep the box in case I need to send it back to e-Trailer.
                          Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
                          2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
                          2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

For the GM truck crowd, the GM camera is hardwired to a connection on the bumper next to the 7 pin. No pairing, no WiFi, perfect picture on the dash display. Camera is cheap but the truck with necessary tech package option is not.

Comment

Working...
                            X