2021 Transcend Poor Radio Reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Transcend Poor Radio Reception

I have a 2021 Transcend 240ML with the Winegard 360 all-in-one antenna. FM radio reception is pretty poor. Are there any tweaks to make this better, or is the only remedy to replace the antenna?

You may have to remove the radio and check the antenna connection. If there is a panel inside below the Winegard to remove you may want to check that connection as well.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by kc9bri View Post
      I have a 2021 Transcend 240ML with the Winegard 360 all-in-one antenna. FM radio reception is pretty poor. Are there any tweaks to make this better, or is the only remedy to replace the antenna?
      Make sure you have the antenna booster turned on (should be a little LED light that comes on when you push it on).
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        You may have to remove the radio and check the antenna connection. If there is a panel inside below the Winegard to remove you may want to check that connection as well.

Brian
        I did remove the radio and verified that connection was tight. I didn't know there may be a panel below the Winegard. I'll have to check that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Make sure you have the antenna booster turned on (should be a little LED light that comes on when you push it on).
          I thought the antenna booster was uhf/vhf only, so I didn't try that. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kc9bri View Post

I thought the antenna booster was uhf/vhf only, so I didn't try that. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
            The antenna booster is FM as well as TV, so definitely give it a try. Note the booster switch actually switches the coax routing between the cable input and the antenna to both the TV and FM radio. This will mean if you are in a site with cable TV, you will need to choose between TV reception and FM reception.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

There was also a problem with the module mine had a red light on it. Changed out to the proper module and it has a green light as indicated in the manual>

Comment

Working...
              X