12v Furrion fridge not working, new XLS 22 MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevie24

You may also have a fridge where the fuse was relocated for better access. You may want to remove the bottom cover on the front of the fridge to see if the fuse is there. This was a change that was being made but we are not sure when it had taken place.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
      I have updated my profile with vin and signature. I will check the inline fuse by the hitch and let you know the outcome. Also checked under the fridge by removing the lower cover and found the coils on the right and an empty channel on the left. Model # of the fridge is FCR10DCGTA-*
      Steve and Cheryl
      2022 Imagine XLS, 22MLE
      2020 Tundra

Comment

So you did not find the fuse in the front behind the cover, bummer. If you pull the fridge to check the fuse what I did was replace the fuse that is in the back of the fridge with a 30 amp and then changed the inline fuse that is easy access to a 15 amp, this way the 30 amp behind the fridge should not blow, the easy access 15 should, not sure if you have a similar setup. I hope you can get this resolved.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Checked the fuse in line by hitch. It is 30a and it is good (not blown). BTW the wire was red and the yellow with green stripe wire did not have an in line fuse.
          Steve and Cheryl
          2022 Imagine XLS, 22MLE
          2020 Tundra

Comment

On mine the fuse holder with the 30 amp fuse is red, which is then connected to the yellow wire with the green stripe. BTW, it looks like my fridge will be replaced. Hoping it can happen quickly.
            2022 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
            2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0 Diesel

Comment

Following this thread now, Picked up my 22MLE only to bring it immediately back due to some seriously poor workmanship by the dealer. (not a GD issue) However I did notice while I was in it overnight for the one day I had it the refrigerator makes an unusually loud hum. I am about 40% deaf so if I can hear it it has to be loud.
              Please pardon my typos, I can spell I just can't type

2021 - Titan (Ancalagon)
              2021 - 22 MLE (Pepe')

Comment

Originally posted by Scotch2Cubes View Post
                Following this thread now, Picked up my 22MLE only to bring it immediately back due to some seriously poor workmanship by the dealer. (not a GD issue) However I did notice while I was in it overnight for the one day I had it the refrigerator makes an unusually loud hum. I am about 40% deaf so if I can hear it it has to be loud.
                A 12v compressor-driven refrigerator should be relatively quiet. Have the dealer check it while the trailer's there?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by tswartz1 View Post
                  On mine the fuse holder with the 30 amp fuse is red, which is then connected to the yellow wire with the green stripe. BTW, it looks like my fridge will be replaced. Hoping it can happen quickly.

I read through this thread on Monday after coming home to a warm fridge and freezer. Sounds like similar details as the OP. We have a 2022 Imagine 3100RD with the Furrion FCR10DCGTA-BL. And the solar panels.

Our compressor and fan would attempt to start and kick right back off. Sometimes after 1 second, sometimes after 20 seconds. The light was on, the blade fuse in the rear of the fridge was good, 119v when plugged into shore power. Etc.

I noticed when I plugged into my truck, the fridge would run.
                  I called my dealer, without hesitating he advised I get my trailer battery swapped out. Swapped it, and bingo. So far so good!

Turns out, even hooked to shore power the Fridge needs a good battery or it won’t run.

Easy test is to hook to your truck and see if the fridge runs. Not sure if you tried this, I may have read over this but hopefully this helps someone!

Cheers!
                  Tyler Woof

Last edited by Tyler Woof; 06-03-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Woof View Post
                    Turns out, even hooked to shore power the Fridge needs a good battery or it won’t run.
                    Hi Tyler--welcome to the forum.

In our trailers (if still configured as delivered from GD) is a device called a converter. This component makes 12vDC from the campground's pedestal power which is 120vAC, regardless if your trailer is a "30A" or "50A" model.

The converter not only supplies power to all the trailer's various applicable 12vDC components it also charges the battery. If the converter is bad the battery will definitely slowly lose charge and "die". You'd notice this because all the lights in the trailer would be dim, the awnings won't extend or retract, etc.

Another possibility is the "Battery Disconnect" (the switch with the large red key) may have been inadvertently turned off (key can be removed). In this configuration the converter will power the lights and other items in the trailer but the battery will not be charged. Because of how GD wired the refrigerator, the appliance (with the Battery Disconnect off) will run off the battery until the battery is exhausted. You may not notice what's going on when connected to shore power because everything else 12vDC works fine (from the power provided by the converter).

I hope that makes sense.

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Today I finally received my new Furrion fridge, its installed and working! Now we can finally use this brand new RV. I discovered the non working brand new fridge 4/15, a week before leaving on our fist trip. After a couple trouble shooting emails with Furrion they authorized it to be replaced on 4/27. The next 40 days were spent trying to get one shipped. We are looking forward to getting acquainted with our new RV in the next couple days! I hope the fridge chapter is closed for good. Thanks to all the helpful comments forum.
                      2022 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
                      2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0 Diesel

Comment

Oh man, that's great news. Happy trails and happy camping.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                        X