Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion 16 cu ft 12v Owners -- Fridge Fixer Beta Testers Needed

GD owners,
    There is a (very) limited time offer to be a Fridge Fixer beta tester for those that own the Furrion 16 cu ft 12v refrigerator.

You'll work directly with the manufacturer, recubed solutions. This was coordinated by your forum moderators -- NOT GD. Again, this is an independent effort that has nothing to do with GD. If you choose to work with recubed.solutions, you do so at your own risk.

When the company has enough beta testers I'll update the header of this post and the title of the thread.

Contact Carl at orders@recubed.solutions and mention you saw this post on gdrvowners.com.

Howard

P.S. Naturally, documenting your experience with the product here on the forum will be much appreciated!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Hi Howard,

I have this fridge, but not clear which fix we are looking to fix? My two issues are the travel closure for the doors and the very sensitive and finicky control board which is hit or miss if i can get it turned on or not. (just leave it on now). Are either of these included in the FIX?

thanks
    Al
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
      Hi Howard,

I have this fridge, but not clear which fix we are looking to fix? My two issues are the travel closure for the doors and the very sensitive and finicky control board which is hit or miss if i can get it turned on or not. (just leave it on now). Are either of these included in the FIX?

thanks
      Al
      Al,
      The Fridge Fixer is a door lock mechanism that keeps the doors closed during travel. recubed.solutions develops custom solutions for refrigerators that will not accept their standard model. For example, see the one I installed (at my own expense) on my Haier as documented here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...1818#post71818

recubed.solutions has nothing to do with the performance or operation of the refrigerator itself--that's on the OEM (Furrion).
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

AH HA, definently an upgrade from the tape that you were using. I will drop them an email. Thanks for the follow up on this.
        Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
        RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
        PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

I’m curious about the outcome of the beta test? Is it still open, or is the product available?

Comment

Originally posted by Cadb54@gmail.com View Post
            I’m curious about the outcome of the beta test? Is it still open, or is the product available?
            No idea--contact the vendor and let us know! (Info in post 1.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cadb54@gmail.com View Post
              I have been emailing back and forth with Carl since April on this. He sent me one prototype that was okay but needed some adjustments. He took the feedback very well and redesigned the device. He sent me some detailed renderings of it and I'm hopeful it will work as intended. Unfortunately communication with Carl has slowed down recently as I believe he has had a lot going on in life that has taken up his free time.

I actually just sent him a follow up email yesterday though, asking for a status update, simply because if he doesn't think a there will be a prototype available for testing extremely soon then I will be looking for a DIY solution to improve on the fridge "lock" function. We have the plastic latch that comes from the factory, which works most of the time, but we have also had an occurrence of the fridge opening mid-travel. We have a long trip coming up in a couple weeks and I would like to have something in place to secure the fridge doors closed.

EDIT: literally as I hit send I got an email back from Carl apologizing for the repeated delays. He shared personal reasons that aren't mine to share, but they're legitimate reasons. Life happens! Anyways, update is that he has a new prototype almost ready to test. I'll give an update once I can but I'm hopeful this is a great solution for those of us with the 16cuft side by side.
              David and Deana
              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
              2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Working...
              X