Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2600RB - interchangeable outdoor/bedroom TV

Hello
    We have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB. I am not a tech-savvy person so hoping I can get advice on this forum.

I would like to surprise my husband with a second tv for our trailer that can be moved between the bedroom corner mount and outdoors. I've tried finding info on power, resolution, size, durability, etc. It seems that an 18-22 inch is best for fit, 1080 resolution, anti-glare screen. But, I'm struggling with issues like 12V, power adapter, HDMI port, "smart" compatibility, movability, etc. My husband loves watching sports so that will be the main outdoor use - under the canopy, likely sitting on a table.

We are in Canada so not all brands are readily available to buy here. Are there any suggestions as to what would work best? I appreciate all advice and recommendations.

Thanks so much!

That is a long list but I remember seeing a small TV at Best Buy in the US that was powered with an AC wall adapter where in fact the TV was 12V DC. So your husband could adapt it to both cases. If I were to buy a TV today I would buy a smart TV at a minimum and in 4K (if possible) since the newer TVs have already surpassed this resolution. You should look for a model with at least a couple HDMI inputs as well.

Morryde sells a good TV mount where the TV can be removed while leaving the base on the wall, but you may need to buy two mounts to get a spare wall bracket. A call to Morryde may help.

Jim

Comment

Thanks, Jim, for the prompt reply. My wording wasn't the best in my original post - I should have noted that, in addition to struggling to understand those issues, I don't know what if any of them I need. I guess the biggest issue I'm unsure of is the power source - 12V vs 110 wall plug in. Our trailer has a cable port and 110 outlet on the outside wall for a TV; so I don't know why I need the 12V. In addition to not being techy, I know little about electricity and don't want to ruin the surprise by asking my husband.

Comment

Originally posted by kayo kamper View Post
        Thanks, Jim, for the prompt reply. My wording wasn't the best in my original post - I should have noted that, in addition to struggling to understand those issues, I don't know what if any of them I need. I guess the biggest issue I'm unsure of is the power source - 12V vs 110 wall plug in. Our trailer has a cable port and 110 outlet on the outside wall for a TV; so I don't know why I need the 12V. In addition to not being techy, I know little about electricity and don't want to ruin the surprise by asking my husband.
        The nice thing about the TV I had seen was the 110 wall power (AC) with an adaptor where looking closely at the TV I had seen it was actually 12V and could be connected to the camper battery directly without the adapter.
        A representative there if in Canada could help you sort this out.

Otherwise a small plug in Inverter could also be used.

Jim

Comment

We use a standard small LCD TV on a folding table plugged into the coax and 110v outlet on the outside of the trailer. I haven't looked into a mounting plate setup to hang it, but connectivity-wise, you should already pretty much have what you need I think.
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

kayo kamper -- pick out the TV you think will work and post the model number here. One (or more) will look at the specs and provide feedback/opinions.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

kayo kamper , if you watch tv with satellite, you might consider one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB2ZRH0...pd_rd_wg=JcUy4. It allows you to "broadcast" a signal from your satellite box to a different tv without cables. The transmitting unit has a pass thru port, so you would hook up your sat box to it, and then to your main tv. It will then supply the signal to your main tv, and wirelessly to the receiver, which can be plugged into the USB port on the receiving tv, and attached to the back with velcro. I have one and it works great.

Also, it is hard to find even a 28 inch TV these days, let alone anything smaller. Good luck, Dave
              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Post #4 of this thread has a link to a cool (not cheap) suction mount for outside. Just to add other options.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...t-installation

Terry
                Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

It has been hard to find a tv in Canada that is 24 inches or less (maximum size for the bedroom). I am looking at this one and wonder if it will work given the "smart tv" description. LG 24" 720p HD Smart TV/Computer Monitor - 24LM530S-PU

Also, most of our camping locations are in Canadian parks were there is no wifi and no cable. As well, data streaming will be a problem given limits, costs and speeds. So, we are hoping to pick up TV stations using the antenna on our 2021 2600RB. It has worked pretty good at getting local tv stations on the ROKU tv that is in the living area of the trailer. Will this second TV be able to pick up signals from the roof mounted antenna or is this wishful thinking.

Thanks for any advice - again, be kind as I am not technologically literate.

Comment

kayo kamper -- that LG supports a VESA wall mount, so that should make it (relatively) easy to move the TV from one point to another assuming the mount you and your husband choose allows for a quick removal.

BTW--the manual for the LG can be downloaded here: https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...4LM530S-PU.AUS

For power, 120vAC is required but it has an AC Adapter (what some folks refer to as a "brick" or "wall wart") to convert the wall power to a level usable by the television. Whether having to move that "brick" each time the TV is moved is inconvenient is a personal decision on your part.

A television that only has a 120vAC cord (without the brick) might be better. (The power supply is built into the TV instead of having the external adapter.) It may be hard to find a TV like that, though, given the thin designs of most TVs. The only way to know for sure on a given TV is to look at the owner's manual which is typically available online. No substitute for doing your homework (sorry!).

For connections there are plentiful on the LG from what I can tell. Picture quality? No idea--specs alone do not dictate whether the picture will be good, though the reviews on Amazon appear favorable.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Have you checked the BestBuy Canada website? https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/categor...ler-tvs/329709
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We bought the LG 24" model shown above. In testing it at home, it seems pretty good. We won't have our trailer back from servicing for a couple of weeks so haven't tried it there. I'm still not sure that the antenna system is wired to the bedroom and the outside cable port so we may not be able to get a signal in either location if no wifi.

Comment

Working...
                        X