No announcement yet.

GD internal satellite wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a dragon that I still need to slay. Hooking our antennae to the connection in the port didn't work but bringing the coax thru slide seal and it works great. Since we are pretty much staying put and moving it isn't an issue it has dropped pretty far down on my list of things to be done, but I am going to start out with continuity and cable routing to make sure that everything goes where it is supposed to.
    Then the next issue is to try and get the large OTA antennae and the 360 to play nice and avoid having to install an A/B switch.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
      This is a dragon that I still need to slay. Hooking our antennae to the connection in the port didn't work but bringing the coax thru slide seal and it works great. Since we are pretty much staying put and moving it isn't an issue it has dropped pretty far down on my list of things to be done, but I am going to start out with continuity and cable routing to make sure that everything goes where it is supposed to.
      Then the next issue is to try and get the large OTA antennae and the 360 to play nice and avoid having to install an A/B switch.
      "Dragon slaying"...lol. Since you don't have one, how 'bout this for a profile pic? At least until you get the sat fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete's Dragon.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	30862
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I found the cable connected to the wall plate behind the TV was not tighten. Once I snugged it up my DISH satellite signal work great.
        2021 Reflection 240RL
        2020 Ram 2500

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

"Dragon slaying"...lol. Since you don't have one, how 'bout this for a profile pic? At least until you get the sat fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete's Dragon.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	30862
          How be dat?
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

How be dat?
            Perfect! When that profile pic changes I expect to see a post detailing the technical wizardry that "slayed" the satellite and antenna issues.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
              About a month ago, we purchased a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. I want to mount a satellite dish on the roof. I have the cable run pretty much figured out but am unclear if the Dish system will work going into the satellite input in the control box in the cargo bin. The antenna is autoseek and is powered from the receiver. My question is will the antenna work using the internal cable system. The receiver will mount in the cabinet under the TV, so there is going to be a run.

Input from anyone either going this route or has other suggestion on how to make the cable run would be appreciated. I don't want to run the coax through the slider seal for several reasons including we don't want the trip hazard plus we have two active dogs.

Thanks
              Just noticed you have the same model and year as I do. I was hoping you could take a few pictures for me. I am looking to compare construction.
              I would love if you could take pictures under the sink. Looking up to the underside of the countertop/ sink. I believe the hole for my sink was cut too large <and patched.> instead of replacing the two feet of counter with a proper sized hole. So anyways my sink fell through.

Secondly if you wouldn’t mind doing a favour for a stranger and possibly yourself if this is standard construction. The roof speaker in front of the oven/microwave. If you remove that speaker and look through the hole into the ceiling and snap a picture straight up. Hopefully you just see a shiny silver sheet. I however have a big hole in that sheet, and then the insulation straight up into the dome for the satellite antenna. Long story short my insulation is soaked and there is a hole clear from the speaker out the roof only guarded by a little plastic dome. Most of us know how condensation works and the issues this set up would cause.

pretty pretty please email me those pictures?
              melissamaclean@hotmail. CA (obviously no space between the . And the CA, just .CA)
              Last edited by howson; 12-16-2020, 07:51 AM. Reason: Replaced questionable verbiage to convey intent in line with forum rules. -Moderator Howard

Comment

Originally posted by TruffaTreeBee View Post

Just noticed you have the same model and year as I do. I was hoping you could take a few pictures for me. I am looking to compare construction.
                I would love if you could take pictures under the sink. Looking up to the underside of the countertop/ sink. I believe the hole for my sink was cut too large <and patched.> instead of replacing the two feet of counter with a proper sized hole. So anyways my sink fell through.

Secondly if you wouldn’t mind doing a favour for a stranger and possibly yourself if this is standard construction. The roof speaker in front of the oven/microwave. If you remove that speaker and look through the hole into the ceiling and snap a picture straight up. Hopefully you just see a shiny silver sheet. I however have a big hole in that sheet, and then the insulation straight up into the dome for the satellite antenna. Long story short my insulation is soaked and there is a hole clear from the speaker out the roof only guarded by a little plastic dome. Most of us know how condensation works and the issues this set up would cause.

pretty pretty please email me those pictures?
                melissamaclean@hotmail. CA (obviously no space between the . And the CA, just .CA)
                Good morning! I see you state “Long story short my insulation is soaked and there is a hole clear from the speaker out the roof only guarded by a little plastic dome. Most of us know how condensation works and the issues this set up would cause.”

I would recommend reaching out to our customer service department to discuss and document this issue with your unit. You can contact them at 574-825-9679 or customerservice@granddesignrv.com. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X