2022 Solitude 380FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Solitude 380FL

We just purchased a 2022 Solitude 380FL. I was looking at hooking up the tv with our Dish (Hopper). In our old camper we had a shelf and all the hook ups in one place. It appears that there isn't a place for a hopper or DVD player. How is everyone hooking there stuff up? Specifically, where are you putting your Hopper or Direct TV box?

Frank2022 in our floorplan, there was sufficient room to mount both a dvd player and a Wally. No way to get a hopper in there tho. You are probably going to have to use a cabinet not too far from the tv and run your cords thru cabinet partitions to get to the back of the TV. We have a 2 TB hard drive attached to the Wally for DVR function. It is a one time $40 fee to activate the DVR function. The Wally is a $7/month add on to our home service. If you need to watch two different channels in two different places, then you can add a 2nd Wally. I have my signal going thru an HDMI matrix, and an IOgear wireless HDMI repeater. I can watch any hdmi signal at any TV, with just the one set of devices. While I only have one Wally for now, I had the antenna installer run the second line so I am ready to add a second when we go fulltime. It is highlighted as a modification in the modification master list available to download on here.

The Hopper is a humungous thing to try to mount in an RV space. It does not, however, have to sit horizontally. You can make a bracket and hang it vertically behind your TV if there is clearance.

Dave
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Frank2022 oh, and welcome to the forum, Frank!
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I have the 2019 Solitude 380FL and am dealing with the same thing. I decided to put the Wally on the left of the TV (since that is the side the TV connections are), drill a 2" hole behind it and snake the cables through that. I bought a cable guide/protector that you see on desks to make it look nice. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll do it this weekend.

Steve
        Steve and Sue
        2019 Solitude 380FL
        Central Oregon

Comment

Frank2022 welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Gentlemen....thank you for your ideas!! Looking forward to learning more about this site!!

Comment

Working...
            X