Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Furrion Refer -- Have Wiring Questions

Hi,
    My Furrion 10 cf refrigerator is due in tomorrow. GD tech said to run 10g wires from refrigerator to distribution panel. Is the wiring secured under the trailer or loose. In other words, can I attach new wiring to the old and pull it through to the refrigerator and then connect?
    2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE with solar.

Originally posted by davetedder View Post
    Hi,
    My Furrion 10 cf refrigerator is due in tomorrow. GD tech said to run 10g wires from refrigerator to distribution panel. Is the wiring secured under the trailer or loose. In other words, can I attach new wiring to the old and pull it through to the refrigerator and then connect?
    2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE with solar.
    Are you replacing the fridge in the RV now with the 10 cf 12 v dc fridge? Or is there already a 12 v dc fridge in the RV?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

davetedder -- hopefully with this tag you can find your thread. In addition to Brian's question, can you elaborate more on your situation?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've been messing with the electrical in our 17MKE. Our 10cu 12V fridge is wired direct to battery.
        I haven't paid a lot of attention to where the fridge wires passed through the camper. I don't feel like attaching new wire to the old is going to work, There are lots of zip ties, WAGO connectors, junction blocks, etc. on so much of the existing wiring.
        If you're going to the panel, it should be a short run. The drawers above the panel come out and you've got decent access inside that cavity to drop the wires from the new fridge and fish them from inside that cavity to the panel.
        The manual for the fridge does state of you are running to the distribution panel you can run 14ga up to 5feet and 12ga up to 10feet.
        Direct to battery should be 10ga up to 20 feet and 8 ga up to 35ft.
        Dustin and Samantha
        2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
        2021 Chevy Silverado - 3.0 Duramax - B&W Continuum

Comment

Working...
        X