Central Vacuum Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Vacuum Issues

Hello, our Central Vacuum system in our 351M is not working. We checked for breakers, loose switch wires, and plugged hoses. Nothing. It has a brand new bag in it. I lift the kick plate and there is nothing. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't, but not suction. I plug in the hose and get nothing. What could be going wrong?

Afletcher4 From past RVs I have owned that had one of those, I think they are 110 volt AC, with an outlet in the belly of your trailer. Only thing I can think of is to check that your GFCI outlets are not tripped. My Solitude has the reset button in the bathroom at the vanity outlet. May or may not have a trouble light on it. And you might have to push hard to reset it. Will also have a "test" button.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

DarnDave thank you. I'll give that a try and see if it works I'll let you how it turns out!

Comment

My 390 has an outlet behind the false wall where the vacuum is mounted. The vacuum itself harbors a low voltage relay that engages the 120VAC power when the LV circuit is completed. I installed a 6 gallon shop vac and installed a relay from a residential whole home vac and a new outlet dedicated to the shop vac that was now our home vacuum system.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Afletcher4 View Post
          Hello, our Central Vacuum system in our 351M is not working. We checked for breakers, loose switch wires, and plugged hoses. Nothing. It has a brand new bag in it. I lift the kick plate and there is nothing. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't, but not suction. I plug in the hose and get nothing. What could be going wrong?
          Were you able to solve? I have the same issue on my 351m. Has worked in the past, but the unit doesn’t power up now. The outlet it is plugged into works fine.

Comment

ThePowells -- Jerry, can you assist atxBear2008 ?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

atxBear2008 Afletcher4 My first guess at the start is that the relay that powers the unit may be bad or a loose wire inside of the vacuum itself. I know that my kick opening is getting extremely temperamental and I have to play with it to get it to turn on. Inside the hose inlet there are two little contacts and one should have power all of the time and honestly at the moment I cannot tell you if it is AC or DC, but based on the switch on the panel I am pretty sure that it is DC. I will look at it when I get home and see, but I think that jumping the wires (thin gauge orange or yellow) will tell you if it is involves a bad switch in the kick or a relay issue inside of the vacuum itself. The light coming on does tell me the 120VAC is working. A clogged hose or full bag will not cause your symptoms. Also, have you tried the switch on the vacuum in the passthru?
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Sorry for such the delay. Husband has been layed up with an ankle fusion so we have not been out to look at it lately. I will have someone check the information out that you have provided @ThePowels. Thank you again for the information.

Comment

Working...
                X