Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion, best backup camera to add ? Others better? We have a GD Imagine XLX 15FLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion, best backup camera to add ? Others better? We have a GD Imagine XLX 15FLE

Is Furrion best backup camera to add or are Others better? We have a GD Imagine XLX 15FLE. Its not a long camper but would be nice. Pull with a 2014 F150 Limited. Also Ideas on tire monitoring system, doesn';t have to be fancy but cellphone/tablet app access be nice. Looking for quality systems with an affordable price that doesn't have too much technology or features. thanks

I installed a Haloview MC7109 on my 310gk. Came with the furrion adapter kit , and a regular mount, if your not prewired. Nice image, good signal, and half the cost of a furrion.
    For tire pressure went with the tire minder i10. Have used them on other campers and been happy with them.
    Chris and Tammy
    2021 Solitude 310gk
    2019 Ford F350

Comment

I have used the Furrion camera for 4 years and have had no issues, the small screen 4" is not the best but works for us. Others have had issues with the Furrion.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I went with Haloview also and have been very happy with it, even though in my application it meant running a wire to a transceiver across the roof. Great picture, snappy update rate. I mirror mount my 7" display and tilt the rear camera up three clicks when I'm driving to use it as a rearview mirror. I use the side marker cameras and rear view matrixed on the same screen when on interstates. I turn off the side marker views when I'm on single lane country road and go fullscreen on the rearview camera. Works well for us.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

A second on the Haloview. I don’t have the antenna extension but will probably do so. I also had the same Haloview MC7108 on my previous Gulfstream TT and it worked well. The only thing I ran into with no antenna extension on the Transcend was about a 3 second lag and refresh rate was not as good as my Gulfstream that was 10’ shorter. Worked great for backing, which it’s primary use, but I do use it to tell if I am clear to move over when passing.
          Tim & Beth
          2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
          2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost w/ Max Tow Pkg

Comment

Haloview RD7 mini for us.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I’ve had relatively good luck with my Furrion backup camera - only occasional signal loss. I would not buy the Furrion side view cameras again - had 3 left side cameras replaced during the warranty period (one year) for getting moisture in the housing making the image look like a kaleidoscope. I can say the folks at Furrion were great when it came to warranty replacements. I’ve had no issues with them now that they’re out of warranty.
              Eddie & Kathy
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
              Houston, TX

Comment

I went with AMTIFO A8 - $139. It was easy to install and has worked great on a 35’ GD303RLS.
                Mark & Julie
                2021 GD 303RLS; GooseBox Hitch; towed by Ram 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by REckmann View Post
                  Is Furrion best backup camera to add or are Others better? We have a GD Imagine XLX 15FLE. Its not a long camper but would be nice. Pull with a 2014 F150 Limited. Also Ideas on tire monitoring system, doesn';t have to be fancy but cellphone/tablet app access be nice. Looking for quality systems with an affordable price that doesn't have too much technology or features. thanks
                  I have the Furrion Vision S system with 3 cameras and 7" monitor. I do not like it because I cannot see the monitor very well. It is just not bright enough in the day time. There is no way to increase the brightness of the display, other than by turning up the brightness on each camera. I do not recommend the Furrion Vision S. For reference, here is a link to what I have.

https://furrion.com/products/vision-...-marker-lights

I hope this helps.

Bob
                  Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                  2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

We have the Furrion Vision S single camera and would not recommend it. Poor signal quality, drops out frequently and the refresh rate seems to be dismal. This particular camera is almost useless at night while going down the highway. We spent the additional $ thinking it would be a good for monitoring while driving and the display is too dim during daytime for our preference. Specifications say it is good to transmit for 400' but that is crap. Loses the signal frequently on our 376THS. So disappointed............
                    Tim & Terri
                    2022 Grand Design Momentum 376THS
                    2018 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      Haloview RD7 mini for us.
                      Yes, Haloview RD7 for us as well. Here is a link to my installation: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...n-2022-imagine
                      2022 Imagine 2600RB
                      F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
                      Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Haloview RD5. Seems to work very well. The RD allows locating the transmitter closer to the monitor which has helped with the signal. Very happy with the choice.
                        Robert and Chris
                        2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                        2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Have the Furrion S with Side cameras....occasionally the rear disconnects, but unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in does help. It works find at night and during the day. At first I used the side cameras a lot (prior to a truck mirror upgrade), I have the 2014 F150 FX4. Now I mainly use the backup camera and ignore the sides.
                          2020 Imagine 2400BH
                          2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X