Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion 12v Refrigerator Runs Excessively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul frog View Post
    timh0042
    Just an FYI to join in. We purchased a new 295RL fifth wheel a month ago, had it out one weekend, second weekend we went out a day early to turn fridge on and no power to it at all, meaning light didn't even come on. Started googling and found the fuse issues. In frustration started closing the slide and then stopped it just to check again and behold... it started working. So obviously not the fuse ! Left it on, loaded our stuff and next day without moving anything, no power again. Loaded the coolers and went anyway. Got to the park, fridge worked again and worked for the two days we were there. Went out yesterday to turn on for a 5 day labor day weekend and yep, no fridge again. Going to drop it off at the dealer after the labor day weekend.
    At this point given all I have read, I won't be satisfied unless we get a completely new fridge, or better yet, upgrade me back to the electric/propane !!
    Check out this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...r-quit-working

It sure sounds like your refrigerator has the same symptoms that Rick R experienced. It problem may be a simple one to fix (swap wire nuts for something more robust like a Wago.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

It certainly sounds like our refrigerator problems to a tee!. Since I refastened the wire nuts we have had no issues. I have wago wire fasteners on order and they should be here this week.
      2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
      2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

I experienced many of the same issues with my new Furrion 12v refrigerator. Per another thread on this forum, it is imperative to keep the battery disconnect switch in the “ON” position whenever you use the 12v refrigerator. There is specialty circuitry in the Furrion fridge that will turn it off if it perceives that the battery is running low. In my case, I had the battery disconnected via my battery disconnect switch (because I was on shore power, I did not think it would matter). When I read the other thread I checked by battery disconnect switch and found it was “OFF” and the key removed. I reinserted the key, turned it to the “ON” position and now the Furrion fridge works flawlessly! I have electronically monitored the fridge temp for five months and have the data to show the intermittent performance before I made the change to the switch, and the data afterwards which shows the fridge temp to stay inn a tight range of 32-38 degrees. Perfect! Check your battery disconnect switch and see if it solves your problem.

I also reported my findings to both Furrion and Grand Design and have requested they change the owners manual to reflect the need to keep the battery connected, even on shore power.
        2022 Reflection 295RL Fifth Wheel. 2016 Ford F-250 Short Bed Super Duty Diesel, with B&W Patriot Slider Hitch mounted on rails. Formerly owned a 2008 40 foot Damon diesel pusher and a 2016 30 foot Airstream Classic TT.

Comment

An update after finally getting some time to plug in and test the new refrigerator... I remain cautiously optimistic.

Here's the chart from the last ~22+ hours:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	94620

Blue is the refrigerator temps, yellow is freezer. The initial slope is probably a bit off as my thermometer wasn't staying connected to wi-fi. The rest of the graph seems much better. It gives indications that the compressor is cycling more as one would expect and not just running constantly.

Hopefully this all means we've got a good replacement refrigerator!

FWIW, we've got fall rolling in, so the ambient temps are in the upper-50° F to low-70° F range. I set the refrigerator on the MID setting for this test. There are jugs of water in the fridge and freezer to simulate at least some food being present. I'll need to tweak the settings as we move froward to be sure we've got appropriate temperature range in both fridge and freezer.
          Tim H.
          2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
          2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
          Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
          Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Working...
          X