TV turns ON when hooking up to Shore power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV turns ON when hooking up to Shore power

The TV (ROKU) that came with this 2022 Imagine 2600RB has an annoying feature / bug that it turns on automatically when I connect the trailer up to AC power. So I have to find the remote and Turn it to OFF.
    I checked all the "Settings" in the Menu on the screen and could not find anything about "AutoPowerUp". Am I missing something? Do they all do this and is there a way to stop it?

Thanks for any info.

Bob
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

I think there is a "display" setting that is used when the tv is on a display rack, when power is turned on the tv comes on so know one has to go around and turn them all on. I read this here somewhere, I will try to find the post unless someone else gets there before me.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here is the thread, see post #19, it is actually called "store" mode.

Haunted TCL television - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Here is the thread, see post #19, it is actually called "store" mode.

Haunted TCL television - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
        Thanks Brian, very helpful!!!

From that thread:

" I have a 22MLE with a 32” TCL Roku TV. Had the same issue where you plug into shore power and the TV automatically turns on.

The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue. This may work for other brands of TVs too, but I can only confirm it for sure worked on my TCL."

2022 Imagine 2600RB
        Dallas, Texas area

Comment

That fixed the problem! Factory reset.
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Mine has been doing that also but I just assumed it was a sign that I should sit down, relax and watch some TV.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
            X