Furrion Vision S Side Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Vision S Side Cameras

I just installed side cameras on my Momentum 25G. Easy install, but they would not pair with the monitor. I tried everything and was about ready to return them. I decided to try hooking them up to a separate battery to see if that made a difference. First thing I noticed was that when hooked up to the clearance light circuit they hummed but when hooked up to the battery they did not. On the battery they paired no problem. The proverbial "light came on." I remembered that some LED lights created RF interference. So I decided to clip the camera 12v wires and wire the camera separately to the 12v supply in the 7 pin cord junction box. Worked like a charm, paired and worked perfectly, so it appears that one or more of the stock LED lights that came with the trailer were causing the interference. So, to make a long story short, if you wire both the light and camera to the clearance light circuit and you can not get them to pair, try wiring the cameras to a separate 12v supply.
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2022 Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    USN Retired

That is interesting. I have thought about bringing the monitor in and with an adapter (or a new circuit from the fuse panel) setting up the monitor for these so you can see around your rig. This of course would require the cameras be powered (and the lights) by 12V when the vehicle is not connected.

I also have to turn my lights from Auto to on to get the cameras powered up while driving.....

Thanks for the post. Not sure I will ever get to the above...
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
    X