TV Keyhole style mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Keyhole style mount?

I don’t know how prevalent these mounts are. Just to be clear, the mount has two vertical bars with several keyhole shaped mounting holes. 4 protruding screws on the back of the television go in to the holes and slide down.

Very secure when parked, but I had one side bounce out. Fortunately only one side.

Trying to come up with a way to restrain the TV. Very little access behind the TV.

My attempt has been to slip heavy cable ties through the upper holes and in hopes it will restrict upward movement of the screw, but I’m not extremely confident.

Since the TV is in a recess, I had hoped to mount a block above it, but this seems to be where heat is vented from the TV which concerns me.

Anybody have ideas?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Could you put a strap from top to bottom holding it in place?

https://www.amazon.com/YYST-Stainles...a-624129997367 on the bottom to run the strap though. Both of our previous trailers had velcro straps to keep the TV pulled agains the wall.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Could you put a strap from top to bottom holding it in place?

https://www.amazon.com/YYST-Stainles...a-624129997367 on the bottom to run the strap though. Both of our previous trailers had velcro straps to keep the TV pulled agains the wall.
      I’ve considered it. Just very restricted access to tighten it. Actually a tiny ratchet strap I could operated without a screwdriver would be ideal.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

So our first TT the strap had a sewn loop on one end and velcro on the other. So to attach it was quite simple.

In your case, the loop on the Bikini loop, over the top, through another loop and velcro back to itself. This will stop the bouncing.

I guess the other option would be a nerf ball of some sort if you can find one. Anything that will hold the TV down while in transit.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          So our first TT the strap had a sewn loop on one end and velcro on the other. So to attach it was quite simple.

In your case, the loop on the Bikini loop, over the top, through another loop and velcro back to itself. This will stop the bouncing.

I guess the other option would be a nerf ball of some sort if you can find one. Anything that will hold the TV down while in transit.
          Something springy that will fit in the top is a good thought. Maybe a racquetball. Or pool noodle.

I have things to try. Thanks!

John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
          X